1: The News

Percy POV

"PERCY, PERCY, I want that doll," Estelle chirped excitedly. 

I looked down at the little girl who was holding my hand. I couldn't help but smile at my baby sister. She was only four years old. 

"Stella, don't you have enough dolls?" I asked. 

I picked her up into my arms and gave her a gentle squeeze. Estelle giggled softly before giving me her puppy eyes. I was already certain that I was going to buy whatever doll she was asking for. I just can't deny my little sister's requests. 

I have no problem saying no to Tyson, but I struggle with Estelle. She was such a little kid, and I wanted her to stay that way for as long as possible. My younger brother grew up so quickly, so I wanted Estelle to be a kid for as long as possible. 

"PLEEAASEEE," Estelle whined. 

She wrapped her little hands around my neck. I chuckled while walking towards the toy section of Walmart. A baby doll was on display. 

"Do you want the baby boy or girl?" I asked. 

Estelle clambered out of my grasp and picked out a doll for herself. She smiled brightly before showing me her choice. She picked a baby boy doll wearing a blue onesie. I had to admit that it was cute. 

Stella's big brown eyes sparkled as she gazed at her new toy. I smiled at my little sister. Yup, she is a princess in my eyes. I can't ever say no to her. 

"All right, but you owe me, Stella."

"Okay," Stella agreed. "I'll convince Aunt Hestia to make blue cookies for you later." 

I laughed while taking her hand again. I dropped the toy into the cart before moving along. Hestia sent me to do the grocery shopping today. She had to take Tyson to the hospital for a general checkup. Since I get squeezy around needles, I decided to dodge the bullet. 

Stella and I finished shopping quickly. However, we got stalled at the bakery. Tyson loves cupcakes, so I decided to pick some up. He'd appreciate the dessert after his doctor's appointment. 

Besides, I needed some more snacks as well.

I work at a restaurant nearby. It's owned by one of my friends' parents. However, when I'm not working, I try to finish my book. 

My book is already finished, but I'm on my fourth round of editing. The truth is that I'm having trouble getting a publisher to pick it up. I love writing and creating stories, but no publisher wants to give me a chance. 

First of all, I'm young, and I didn't go to college. That's not exactly the ideal status that a published author should have. Secondly, this is my first book, so no publisher is confident in my abilities. Third, they just aren't giving me a chance. 

I'm not quitting though. 

I have faith in my story. It shares a powerful message through a playful story. The public deserved to read my novel. 

 Anyway, when I'm writing, I tend to eat. 

It's not the healthiest of lifestyles, but I balance my diet with exercise. That's how I justify eating fast food, chips, and cupcakes every week. 

"All right, Stella. Can you tell the baker which cupcakes we want?" I asked.

I could've done it. However, Hestia and I are trying to get Stella to communicate more in public. She's gonna pre-school this year, so she needs to lose some of her shyness. 

Estelle was explaining our choice to the baker when I received a phone call. 

"Hey, Hestia. Are you guys back already? Stell and are still at Walmart," I started right after I answered the call.