Chapter 3

Beyonce's POV

Beyonce's POV

"What took yo ass so long?" I hear as soon as we walked to the door. I turn around and i'm met with eyes filled with anger. "There was um... traffic on our way back."

"You ass is really trying me with all that lying, There weren't no damn traffic when i was getting back so what was you doing?"

SLAP

"Why yo ass ain't talking?" I felt a stinging sensation on my right cheek.

I can't tell her about Onika, otherwise things would be way worse...and not just for me but for the kids too.

"I'm really sorry, Sid was talking to her friend and i didn't want to ruin her fun" I say nervously. "Hmm, fine, don't let it happen again, and stop with this lying shit"

"Yes ma'am"

"Good"

I continue to walk past her with the kids in front of me, "Y'all need to go and wash up because we got company coming over"

"What type of company?" i ask."Company that's none of your business, just go and get ready"

"Yes Ma'am" I replied.

"Oh and tell your sister to get ready too." I nodded in response and went to go tell Solange to get ready.

"Solange, Mom said you gotta get ready we got company."

"What kind of company?" she said not looking up from her phone. "I don't know your gonna have to ask her"

She rolled her eyes and mumbled a small fine before ushering me out of her room.

I go into the kids room to get them ready before i get myself ready. "Dada, Who's Comin?" Jayden asked.

"I'm not sure pumpkin we're gonna have to wait and see"

"Dad?"

"What's up Bug?"

"Can we go to the park?"

"Not right now but we'll see if we can tomorrow" i replied trying to help Kayden tie his shoe laces. "Jay, Sid did you wash your face?"

"Yes dad" I heard. "Good, you guys can play a little bit before company arrives." they nodded in response and i left the room. I went to take a quick shower and got dressed in a white button up shirt with black dress pants and shoes. I quickly straightened my hair and made my way to the kids.

A little earlier...

Onika's POV

Serayah and i just came through the door. "Lauren girl you won't believe what just happened" I turn around to be faced with my mother.

"I know what happen my own daughter ain't even sent me as much as a phone call the past week." Mom said folding her arms whilst staring me down.

I done a nervous chuckle, "Hey mama, how you been lately?"