Chapter 6

Onika's POV

Onika's POV

Me: Would you like to go out on a date?

She read the text message...wait, that's it.

Did she really leave me on read?

Well it looks like I got my answer, I just wish that she could have at least replied back to me and not just leave me hanging like that.

You know what it doesn't matter. I got up to go in the kitchen and get something to eat.

Knock Knock.

Really its like 9 O'clock at night who is here at this time. I go to answer to see the vulture. "Kelly..."

"Damn who missed in your cereal." I just rolled my eyes and walked away, I'm in no mood to deal with her shenanigans tonight. "Well a warm hello to you too."

She followed me into the kitchen and went straight into the fridge. Typical. "What do you want Kelly?"

"Wow ain't seen y'all in a week and that's how you greet your dearest friend, shameful." She put her hands on her chest in fake hurt.

I sighed feeling slightly guilty, "I'm sorry Kels I'M just not in the mood right now."

"What did something happen with your future baby daddy?" She said moving on to cabinets so she can scavenge what she can.

"Something like that."

"What happened?" She asked about to stuff her face with MY personal Oreos. "I finally asked her out..." I trailed off.

"Took you long enough!"

"She left me on read, so I don't think that she's up for it." The last thing I want is to ruin the friendship that we've built and I'm upset that's exactly what I let happen.

"Hey you don't know that she doesn't want to go on this date with you." She reasoned.

"Then why didn't she text back then."

"I don't know." She shrugged. "Your gonna have to ask her the next time you see her and not in a text message."

"I guess."

It would she even want to see me after this, probably not. I might have made her uncomfortable with the question and she wouldn't want to go to breakfast together anymore.

"Hello! Nicki!" I zoned back in to see Kelly waving a hand in my face, I sighed and pushed her hand away. "I didn't know you were taking this so hard, I thought It was just a small crush."

"I don't think it is just a small crush, I know for a fact it's not love but I'm sure that's it's something more than a crush."

Nobody's POV

Tina had just gotten home from work and went into living to see Beyonce and the kids fallen asleep on the couch, she rolled her eyes and went into the kitchen to get something to eat.

BUZZ.

Tina turned around to be met with Beyonce's phone on the counter, which Beyonce forgot to take with her.

My Queen: Would you like to out on a date?

Tina was furious. "Who the fuck is this bitch?" She spat with venom. She didn't like it when girls mess with what's hers. She was most definitely the jealous type, I mean its obvious really.

Tina took a deep breath. "Oh imma find out who this bitch is and they both gon' pay."

Tina took Beyonce's phone and went upstairs.

***

The next few days Onika had been avoiding Beyonce by any means necessary, and Beyonce has no idea why.

She even stopped taking Serayah to school and picking her up in hopes of not running into her, Beyonce even went even went to the same diner that they always go to almost every morning and waited in hopes of seeing Onika again, but no luck, so she waited and waited and waited. But still no Onika.

Beyonce was hurt that Onika would just stop seeing her like that with no explanation. She couldn't help but feel like she had done something wrong or Onika had finally realised that Beyonce wasn't good enough for her. 

That saddened Beyonce, Onika really did make her happy and didn't want to lose her.

Tina watched in satisfaction as the glow from Beyonce has been becoming dimmer by the day. She didn't want Beyonce too happy. She liked it when Beyonce felt scared, helpless and had a lack of confidence.

She was worried that if she had too much confidence then she leave her and tell the police and have her kids taken away from her along with her career.

She couldn't have that.

So keeping Beyonce at her lowest was always the goal when she returned home from a hard days work.

During this time Onika has been a grumpy mess. She couldn't stop thinking about Beyonce, how her nose scrunched up when she found something weird, or when she would tilt her head to the side when was confused. She loved her laugh and how giddy she got when she was excited about something, which wasn't often but when she did it was nice.

She felt connected to Beyonce from the moment they met and can't imagine being away from her for too long. Lauren, Kelly, Serayah and even Carol noticed the change in Onika's mood. She had gotten more moody and irritated, she didn't feel like doing anything but eating, sleeping and to her dismay going to work.

She often wondered if Beyonce was doing okay and if she should call her. Her finger has hovered over the call button more than ones but she was to much a coward to actually do it. She wanted to reach out to Bey to she was afraid of what she will say.

It all became such a mess so quickly.

Over this time Lauren and Solange have gotten closer and closer. Silage isn't the only one that can feel it Lauren can too. She never felt this way about any one before not even her baby daddy. It does worry her with Solange's age, she didn't know of she was mature enough to handle a relationship with someone who has a child.

She had a child to put first and she didn't want to play no games she was done with that after her relationship with Meek.

Meek was seeing Onika at the time in high school about 6 years ago and during their relationship, he was known for his infidelity. One of his conquests was Lauren herself. A reckless mistake, 9 months later and Serayah was born.

When Onika found out she was fuming at first, it took her several months to forgive Lauren but eventually realised that Meek wasn't worth fighting and dwelling over.

The upside was that this made their bond stronger than ever.

Unedited.