Chapter 7

Beyonce's POV

Beyonce's POV

Have I done something wrong? Was it because I had kids? Was it because I was too nervous? Am I too damaged for her?

That's all the questions that have been swirling around in my head for the past week and a half. I just don't understand how we went from talking and going out to get breakfast together almost every morning to not speaking at all. I honestly thought that we were slowly getting somewhere. I thought she genuinely liked me.

I guess not.

It was great while it lasted I guess, anything good that happens never sticks it just had to be in ruins. Maybe I shouldn't have gotten attached to Nic so quickly, I should have known that I can never be happy for long, but I thought she was different and that she cared.

I mean how can you not get attached her she's... Perfect. Her laugh, her lips, her hair, her butt, her figure, those mesmerizing eyes, her personality, it's all just so perfect. That's why I was surprised that it ended.

I was constantly tempted to text, Onika but for some reason I can't find my phone. I haven't seen it in over a week.

I've looked everywhere and nothing.

I can't ask my mom to buy me a new phone because I know that she's just gonna say no, so I'm not even going to bother.

I went back to doing my usual morning routine, wake up, get me and the kids ready, get them fed, make their lunches, drop them to school, come back and clean, then go and pick up the kids. I never knew just how lonely and sad my life was until Onika stopped being in it for whatever reason.

I miss her like crazy.

I'm currently on my way to picking up the kids from school, I pull on a traffic light and turn my head to see Onika sitting in Popeyes eating what I'm assuming is her lunch while scrolling on her phone.

I think this is a good time to get her to talk to me, and I'm not one to push but I think that I deserve at least an explanation.

When the light turns green and I proceed to turn right so that I could pull over.  I get out the car to approach Onika and her eyes went wide upon seeing me after so long.

"Beyonce?" She said with a hint of surprise in her voice.

"Onika did I do something wrong?" I didn't want to waste ant time with meaningless chatter.

"No... Why do you ask?"

"Because Nic you've been avoiding me for God knows how long with no explanation and I wanted to know if was something I did."

She sighed, "I'm sorry for avoiding you Bey, I just didn't want things to be awkward between us."

I look at her in confusion, what was she talking about?

"Why would things be awkward between us?"

"The text?" Her eyebrows knitted together. "What text Nicki?"

"The one where I asked you out, remember?"

"Nicki, I haven't seen my phone in over a week so I have no clue what your talking about." She tilted her head to the side. "Then why did it say that you read it?"

"I really don't know Onika." I shrugged my shoulders. I have no clue what she's talking about because I haven't seen no text, and even if I did would the text be so bad that she would just stop talking to me altogether.

"Oh..." She trailed. "Look Nic just know I would never want to hurt you in any way but if I do then please talk to me about it so that I can make it right."

She nodded her head with a small smile on her face. "Now that's sorted, I hope we can go back to having breakfast together again, I really enjoy spending time with you."

"I really enjoy spending time with you too Bey." I blushed at that.

"Well um i've got to go and get the kids now." She nodded her head and as i'm walking away, "Wait!"

I turned around and stared waiting for her to continue, "Would you like to go on a date with me?" She looked like a nervous wreck as she's waiting for my answer.

I really want to spend more time with Onika. She makes me so happy in a different way besides my kids and after this little misunderstanding i don't want to lose Nicki so easily again.

"Its fine don't worry about it." She mumbled getting her stuff ready to leave. "I would love to." I smiled brightly at her as she looked up at me, she had no choice but to return the smile.

"Great how about tomorrow night, at 7"

"That's cool could you um maybe write down your address, because you know I lost my phone."

"Sure." She got a price of paper and a pen started writing down her location. "Thanks, I'll pick you up."

"I can't wait, bye Bey." With that she walked away.

***

The entire drive back I had a big gleaming smile on my face. I can't believe I'm going on my first ever date. *Sigh* I just hope it goes well.

We pull up to the house and I get the kids out of there car seats. "Kids go inside I'll make you a snack in a sec okay."

"Ou tay dada." Hayden replied while running with her brother and sister into the house and in the living room.

"Solange!" Silage emerged from the kitchen with a bowl of cereal in her hands. "What's with all the yelling?"

"Do you happen to have any plans tomorrow night?"

She raised an eyebrow at me, "No...Why?"

"Could you maybe watch the kids tomorrow night?" I asked.

"I could but why do you need me to watch the kids?" She said taking in a both spoonful of cereal.

"Well i kinda have a date tomorrow night." Solange's eyes went wide, "What really with who?"

"Onika."

"I don't know you had it in you." Me neither.

"So where are you taking her?" Oh shit.

"I haven't really thought that far ahead, to be completely honest this is all new to me." Her eyes softened.

"Look despite our differences I still want you to be happy Bumble, so I'll help you with this."

I sent her a small sad smile, "I love you Soso."

"I love you too Bey." I felt my heart warm at that. I really do love my sister and I miss her a lot, so I'm glad that she's helping me with this moment of my life I just she lets me help her with the moments of her life even if I may not be of much help.

Unedited.