12- The transplant

Stella's P.O.V.

I sat back and blew on my fingernails, drying my nails that Claire just painted. I giggled as I watched Tyson sit at the edge of the hospital bed, letting Claire paint his nails too.

"Pink is definitely my color, Claire. What do you think?" Tyson asked, wiggling his one hand in front of his face, showing off his pink nails as he batted his eyelashes.

Claire giggled, "I don't think so." She said, making both of us laugh.

"What?" Tyson asked as he reached up with his hand she didn't paint yet and tickled her. "Well I think I look great."

"You do. Now put you in that Cinderella dress again and wow." I teased.

"Ha-ha."

Claire really did have some great Uncles and I couldn't have asked for better brothers I thought to myself as I got up, kissed the side of Tysons cheek and went over to get a drink of my water.

After she got done painting Tyson's nails, I grabbed the nail polish and painted her fingers and toes to match ours.

Doctors and nurses kept coming in and out all day today. Claire was scheduled for the transplant mid morning tomorrow. I was trying not to think about it too much because I was scared. There was still a chance this wasn't going to work. Her body could still reject the kidney and I was going to lose her forever.

Shaking off that thought, I noticed Tyson looking down at his phone, "I'll be right back, girls." and then walked out of the room.

"So what movie do you want to watch tonight?"

"Hmm, maybe Frozen?" She looked up at me with a big smile on her face.

I started laughing. "I never would have guessed that. Okay, Princess. You got it."

"I love you, Mommy."

"I love you too, sweet girl." I got up, went into my duffle bag, grabbed a few things out and sat down beside Claire in bed again. "So I've been thinking, I want to do something special with you once you get better. I was thinking of possibly taking you to Disney world."

"Really?"

"Yeah, then we can meet Ana and Elsa and all the other princesses. Plus so many more, look." I handed her the brochure and magazine I ordered in the mail.

Her face lit up as we flipped through the pages. "Should we go?"

"Yes!" She squealed.

"Great because I cannot wait to meet Cinderella." I said, tickling her belly, making her laugh.

She giggled and snuggled into my side. "I'm so excited."

"Me too, sweetie."

Tyson walked back into the room. He looked upset but smiled down at us.

"What's wrong?" I questioned.

"Nothing, so what are you ladies all smiley about?"

Claire sat up, "Mommy is going to take me to meet Ana and Elsa when I get better."

He picked up the magazine, "Disney world? That's awesome and will be so much fun."

"I'm so excited, Uncle Ty."

"You have a good Mommy. You're very lucky, I'm kinda jealous."

"It's because he wants to see Cinderella too." I whispered in her ear.

"Knock knock. Claire I have to do some vitals." A nurse said as she walked into the room.

I got up off the bed, I needed to talk to Tyson. I knew something was wrong.