31- It's my ex

Stella's P.O.V.

Cole looked around me, seeing the door was opened just a bit.

"I'm sure I shut and locked this door before we left. I always make sure I do." I whispered to him.

"You did. I know you did." He handed me Claire and his car keys, "Take Claire to the car and call the police."

"Where are you going?"

"Inside."

I grabbed his arm, stopping him. "No, let's wait for the cops to come. Someone could still be inside. Babe, please." I begged.

Cole thought about it for a moment and then nodded, "Come on, let's go wait by my car."

We hurried down the stairs together. Cole helped me into the passenger seat with Claire still in my arms as I held her close. Cole got on the phone immediately and ran to the driver's side. I heard him talking to who I figured were the cops.

He got in the car and shut the door. "The police are on their way. Are you guys okay?"

I nodded and mouthed, "I'm scared."

He grabbed my hand, understanding.

A little while later a few squad cars pulled up and Cole got out. "Stay here for a moment."

"Mommy, what's going on?" Claire asked as Cole shut the door.

I put her blanket up to her face as she snuggled into me, "Just rest baby, everything's fine."

I sent Luke a message because he lived the closest to me. I told him what had happened and asked if he could pick Claire up so she didn't have to be here for this.

I watched as Cole pointed to my apartment as he talked with one of the officers. A few officers walked around my building and the rest of them went inside my apartment. 

I wasn't sure how long Claire and I sat in the car before I saw Luke pull up and we got out.

"Are you guys okay?" Luke asked, concerned. Wrapping his arms around Claire and I.

"We're fine. We'll come get Claire when they leave."

"Take my car. We'll bring your car back when we come get Claire." Cole offered.

I helped put Claire back in her seat. "Mommy?"

"Uncle Luke is going to take you to his house for awhile. Cole and I will come get you in a bit. Okay?"

"I just bought some ice cream that I'll share with you." Luke said, wiggling his eyebrows.

"What kind?"

"Our favorite."

"Mint chocolate chip?"

"You got it."

"Okay." Claire said excitedly.

I closed the door. "Thank you, Luke."

"Do you know anything yet?"

"Cops are still inside." I shrugged shoulders trying to remain calm. "I'll let you know when I know more."

He kissed the side of my cheek. "I'll see you in a little bit."

He got in the car and drove away. Cole smiled and wrapped his arms around me as we waited patiently to hear something.

A short time later a cop came out and motioned for us to come inside. 

We walked through my door as I looked around. Everything was exactly how I had left it. "My name's Officer Black. I want you to look around, does anything seem out of place or missing?"