14- Would you like to meet her?

Stella's P.O.V.

The next day I decided to go for a walk while I waited for Claire. She was having some lab work and a few other tests done to see how everything was healing. Then the doctors were going to come check on her stitches, talk to me about her progress so far and give us a potential date for her to go home.

I walked through the lobby and headed outside. The nurse had my number and told me they would call if they needed me.

It was nice getting out of that room and hospital for a while. The fresh, cool air was relaxing. Our family and friends coming to visit broke up our day but we were still couped up in the hospital. I didn't blame Claire for crying and wanting to go home because I understood it. I was excited for the day we could go home and she could at least be in the comfort of our own home while she healed.

I looked down at my watch and decided to turn around. Claire should be done soon and I wanted to be in the room when she got back.

Quickly stopping off at a coffee shop just down the street from the hospital, I got my coffee and headed back.

Walking back inside the hospital, I headed towards the elevator. The man already inside, held the door open for me as I got on.

"Thank you."

I went to hit the button for the floor Claire's room was on but oddly enough we were heading to the same level. I leaned up against the wall as the door closed.

The man went and stood next to the woman in there with us and the two of them started talking. I took a drink of my coffee and grabbed my phone out to make sure I didn't miss any calls from the nurse when the couple beside me caught my attention.

"What he did is so amazing. I hope everything works out for that little girl." The woman said.

"The way Cole made it sound last night when I talked to him she was doing really good, so hopefully that continues." The man replied.

Wait? What?

The elevator door opened. The couple continued to talk as I walked out and started heading down the hall towards Claire's room. I paused for a moment as the couple's words played over in my head. Turning around to see where the couple had gone, I noticed they were heading in the opposite direction.

Cole?

It couldn't be him?

I decided to follow the couple down the hall. They had gone through a set of doors leading into a different section of the hospital.

I walked through the doors and watched as they knocked before entering into a room together.

My heart was racing. This was probably just some coincidence and a different patient by the name of Cole who was also here. What stood out most to me was how they spoke of a little girl also.

For whatever reason, Claire's donor wanted to stay anonymous though and I was seriously violating this man's privacy if it was him.

I let out a breath and turned back around, ready to leave when I heard his laugh. I looked over my shoulder and there he was.

I stood there, staring back at Cole as he limped out of his room with the couple by his side.

"Stella?"

"What are you doing here?" I questioned, even though I had a pretty good idea.

The couple looked between Cole and I, confused. I stood there ready to walk back to Claire's room but I wanted some answers.

"Come in my room. Let's talk." He turned, limping back into the room.

The couple stood there as I passed them and followed us inside.