39- Numbers

Stella's P.O.V.

"Hey you."

"Hi. What are you doing out here?"

He walked closer to me, still holding my hands tight.

"Do you remember when I first met you in the club?"

I smiled at the memory, "Of course I do."

He bit his lip like he did that night, trying not to smile.

"You gave me some numbers that night... Well, I have a few of my own."

I started laughing. "Okay?"

"Nineteen. Nineteen is the number of people we have in our corner and wanted to be here for us tonight."

"What?" I asked, confused.

He nodded behind me. I turned to see Claire walking out with Cole's parents, my parents, brothers and Eve. Kelly and Nate, Krista, Jen and their husbands, Nic, Ally, Skye, Jordan and Sadie. They all stopped and stood next to the fire, smiling over at us.

What the hell was happening?

"One." I looked back over at Cole with tears in my eyes. "I didn't even know if it's possible but I swear I've been in love with you since the very first night I met you. That attitude you gave me the first night... then that first smile you gave me in the restaurant the following week made my heart go absolutely crazy."

"Four. Four is the number of kids I want to have with you. Claire and three more. That's of course if you're okay with that because watching you with Claire... you are an incredible mother and I want to fill our home with more. I would have said a lot more but naturally four seemed like a good number to have."

I chuckled and looked over at the others laughing also as they wiped their tears.

"Three hundred and sixty five is the number of days per year that I'm going to make you happy. I'm not saying we won't have our ups and downs but I promise you I'll sure as hell try and make you happy everyday."

"And last but not least, ten. I know we've only known each other for ten months... but I know what I want and that's you and Claire and that's never going to change, so why wait?" He let go of one of my hands and reached in his pocket as he got down on one knee and I started crying harder. Still holding onto one of my hands he looked up at me with tears in his eyes.

"Stella Collins, will you marry me?"

I nodded my head, "Yes!"

I leaned down and kissed him as he slipped the ring on my finger and stood up. We wrapped our arms around each other, holding one another close as we cried.

"I love you Stel."

I looked up at him. "I love you too."

He wiped the tears from my eyes before people started coming over, congratulating us.

I picked Claire up and she told me all about the plan when I went to get food with Ally and Sadie.

"I can't believe this is happening, everyone was acting so strange tonight." I said, making everyone laugh.

"Now do you see why we needed so much food?" Ally teased as she gave me another hug.

"When did you all get here?" I asked my parents and the others.

"With these guys, we've just been hiding out until you left to get the food." My dad said.

"Where is everyone staying?"

My dad turned and pointed into the house next to ours, "Cole rented that one out for the rest of us."

"I'm in the basement with you two, sleeping on the couch. I better not hear the two of you going at it..." Luke was saying when I smacked the side of his arm.