20- Wait... What?

Cole's P.O.V.

Stella Collins. The girl that has completely stolen my heart.

Every second I spend with her the more I fall for her. She was beautiful, sweet and an amazing mother to Claire.

Next step, telling her who I really was.

I should have been honest with her from the beginning. I knew deep down that Stella wasn't like every other girl from the moment I met her. Why I didn't tell her when she stopped by the repair shop that one day when we started talking about the Giants was beyond me because that was the perfect opportunity to bring it up to her.

I was at the repair shop with Nic and Jordan. I changed the oil in Jordan's car earlier and was now trying to figure out the noise Nic's truck was making.

I was looking under the hood, "Nic, start it up again."

Nic started it up and I started messing around with different things under the hood. "Okay turn it off."

Nic shut it off and came over and stood by me. Jamie was now here, talking with Jordan.

"Do you know what's wrong with it?" Nic asked, coming to the front of the truck.

"Yeah, it's an easy fix." I pointed down at the problem. "There's a leak in this tube, which is part of your cooling system. That's why you heard that hissing which is making this part over here rattle. Unfortunately my dad doesn't have this part on hand so I'll have to order it in on Monday. I could have this done by the end of the week."

"Awesome. Thanks bud."

"No problem." I closed the hood and started wiping off my hands. "Hey Jamie, what's up man?" I asked, shaking his hand.

"Nothing, I knew you guys were doing this today. Thought I'd come over and see if you guys were thirsty too."

"Don't mind if I do." Nic said as he took one from Jamie.

"I'm going to go clean up first." I went into the bathroom and changed out of the coveralls and washed up well before joining the guys out in the shop again.

Jamie handed me a beer as I sat down next to them.

"How was your date on Friday? I never had time to ask you yesterday." Nic asked.

Yesterday, the New York Giants hosted a clean up day at the parks around the city. The coaches and players split up and went around with the local children to help clean up the area.

"It went really well. God that woman is intoxicating." I said before taking a drink of my beer, thinking of that kiss we shared. It was remarkable and everything I had imagined it would be since the night my eyes landed on hers in that club.

"Have you told her who you are yet?" Jordan asked.

"No, I'm going to her place later today. I plan on telling her everything tonight."

"What the hell is taking you so long?"

"I don't know." I rubbed my forehead, "I planned on telling her Friday night when we got back to her place but then she kissed me and I could hardly think after that."

"Did you guys... you know?" Nic wiggled his eyebrows.

"No." My phone dinged with a text and I instantly started smiling. "Speaking of Blondie."

Blondie- Where are you?

Me- At the repair shop?

Me- What's up Blondie?

"I feel like she needs to know I'm a professional football player before that happens. She's not like the other girls who like attention that being with me would bring. She hates it and I'm scared it's going to be too much for her and she's not going to want to see me again."