17- Supper at home

Stella's P.O.V.

"We have to hurry baby, Cole will be here in a half hour." I said, helping Claire out of the tub.

I took her in on Friday to have her staples removed and was finally able to give her a normal bath again.

I helped put on her clothes, brushed out her hair, placed some vaseline on her scars and we headed back to the kitchen.

"Alright, ready for the delicious smells of our brownies?"

Claire smiled as she stuck her finger in the pan.

"Hey, get out of there you little thief." I joked as I copied her, doing the same thing.

"Mommy, I saw that." She giggled.

"Busted." I placed the brownies in the oven and set the timer. "Are you excited to see Cole?"

"Yes, we're going to watch Frozen."

"I think he'll love that."

I kissed her cheek and wiped the little bit of brownie batter off her lips.

Just then the doorbell rang.

"He's here." I picked Claire up and headed over to the door. I looked out the peephole quickly before opening the door for him.

"Hi."

"Hey you." He smiled at me, then brought his attention to Claire. "Hi Claire."

"Hi." She lifted her hand and waved as he walked in.

I shut and locked the door. "Oh my, that smells amazing, Cole."

"I did everything in my power not to gnaw my arm off in the car. I hope you guys like it. I made a chicken parmesan bake, you said you both like chicken so... fingers crossed."

"You made this?" I asked, looking in his bag.

"I did."

He just keeps getting better and better I thought to myself as I set Claire down.

"I figured that you were going to stop somewhere and pick something up. We could have come to your house or I could have made something so it was easier for you."

"I wanted to do this. I like cooking, I'm not great at it but I do enjoy it."

"Well it smells amazing and I'm sure it tastes even better. Are you sure this wasn't too much?"

"I'm feeling really good. Speaking of smells." Cole said, sniffing the air.

"Those are mine and Mommy's homemade brownies."

"Well they smell absolutely delicious. Maybe we should have dessert first?"

"Yes!" Claire squealed.

"No!" I laughed. "Nice try."

"Sorry." Cole said, shyly.

Cole took everything out of the bag and placed it on the table. I took out plates and Claire followed me over to the table with the silverware.

"What in the world is going on over here?" Cole asked as he smiled at the pictures on my fridge.

I walked over next to him. "Which picture do you mean?" Even though I was pretty sure I knew which one he was talking about.

"This one."

I laughed as he pointed at the picture. "Those would be my brothers on my seventh birthday. I got a Cinderella doll as a gift and Luke put her in the mud... resulting in that photo."