40- The Superbowl

Stella's P.O.V. (February)

When Cole said he didn't want to wait to get married, well he wasn't kidding.

I didn't think we were going to pull it off and I thought I was going to be stressed... but I wasn't.

Both Cole and I were hoping to get married at the County Club in New York. Cole had called to see if there were any openings when we were sitting on the beach in Florida but nothing was available for two years with the time frame we needed with Cole's football schedule and we didn't want to wait that long.

Two weeks after we got home, we received a phone call from the Country Club informing us there was one cancellation and an opening this coming year on June 4th.

I panicked for a moment. Six months to plan a wedding in the summer in New York City, seemed impossible. After meeting with the Country Club they put my mind at ease with how helpful they were. We already had the venue and they catered so the next big thing was finding my dress, a minister and a videographer.

Eve was a big help too. Her cousin did photography as a hobby and was amazing at it so when she asked him if he would be interested, he said yes.

I found my dress at the fourth bridal place we went to. I was beginning to lose hope until I spotted it. I tried it on and knew it was the one.

I also found Claire's flower girl dress and the bridesmaids dresses for my girls there as well.

Also in this time we celebrated Claire's sixth birthday in January and we were rolling up to a year when she got sick.

The only thing we had left to do for the wedding was invitations and cake testing after the Superbowl.

That's right... I said superbowl.

The New York Giants kicked ass this season and we're fighting for the championship today in Arizona against the New England Patriots.

Thursday night Ally, Sadie and I all flew to Arizona to be with the guys since they needed to be there Wednesday for certain commitments with the team.

Claire came with Cole's parents and my family late Saturday morning and joined us at the hotel.

The Carter's, Shaw's and Long families were there too. Today we were meeting everyone down in the hotel's restaurant for lunch where a Superbowl buffet was being served for the family of the players.

After lunch, we went back to our room and both got dressed when I heard a knock on the door.

"Is Daddy going to win today?"

"I sure hope so."

I opened the door. "You guys ready?" Tyson asked.

"Yes. I just have to grab my bag."

Claire went out with my family as I grabbed my bag and followed them out.

We went down into the lobby and got on the bus with all of Ally, Nic and Jordans family and headed for the stadium.

I looked out the window as we pulled in, "This is freaking crazy."

I held Claire's hand as we got off the bus and headed towards the stadium.

"Stella, over here." A reporter said, stopping me.

"Hi."

"Are you excited for tonight's game?"

"Yes, we are. This whole experience is something else." I smiled at him.

"I have to ask, does Cole have any weird rituals he does before a game?"