37- Court

Stella's P.O.V.

We've been in our new house for a few months now. During the week one day when Cole was home he put up a giant swing set for Claire and surprised her after she got back from school. I absolutely loved this house and Cole. Claire and I were exactly where we're supposed to be and I couldn't be more happy.

Unfortunately, the court date was slowly approaching though. The Judge had a few big cases come up so our family case got pushed aside until next week.

The alarm system beeped, letting me know someone opened the gate. I walked over and looked out the front window to see Cole pulling in.

I went over to the stairs and yelled upstairs, "Claire, Daddy's home. Hurry."

He had an away game he was just getting back from. She rushed downstairs, excited that Cole was home too.

We opened the door as he came walking up to the front door, dropping his bag and wrapped his arms around us. "I'm so happy to be back home."

"We're happy that you're home too. We missed you."

After another kiss, we all went inside and Claire handed him our family picture she made for him.

"I love this, thank you sweetie." He gave her another kiss before hanging it up on our fridge.

"Blondie, it smells good in here."

"Dinner." I wrapped my arms around him. "Is it sad I wished it was February already?"

"No. I'm sorry I have to be gone so much."

"It's okay. I understand, you don't have to apologize for your job."

He looked behind me, "What are you doing over there?"

My face lit up. "Come." I grabbed his hands and brought him over to the island. "Paying bills and..." I clicked on the laptop, turning the screen back on. "We've been talking about going to Disney so I thought I'd check flights for spring break this next year when you're off. If we book now it's not terribly priced."

"Or... we can go in a few weeks?" He wiggled his eyes at me.

"A few weeks?"

He nodded. "After we got off the phone last night I was bored so I got to thinking since Claire's doing good, I have a game in Florida on Thanksgiving. I don't want to be away from you guys for our first holiday together. You're already off most of that week and so is Claire, it will be perfect. We can do Disney for a few days and then you guys can also come to my game."

I bit down on my finger nail, thinking about his plan.

"If you're worried about the money-"

"No. I have the money. I actually think that's a good idea."

"Really?"

"Yeah. I'm just scared next week isn't going to go as planned with the court case and our plans will get ruined."

"Andrew swears you have this case won."

I shrugged my shoulders. "If Roman gets even just a little bit of custody, I'm going to lose it, Cole. I would have no problem sharing custody if I knew his intentions were good... but they're not. He was going to let her die, what kind of person does that?"

"I know, babe." He wrapped his arms around me. "We got this."

******
We arrived at the courthouse and headed straight for the courtroom. I didn't want to have any unnecessary run ins with Roman but he was already there with his parents, standing next to the courtroom doors.