Chapter 4

I dropped my bags on the floor, texted Jes and immediately went to sleep. My alarm went off 3 times I woke up the 4th time. "Oh shit it's 2:45," I ran to the shower and quickly changed.

 "Oh shit it's 2:45," I ran to the shower and quickly changed

I ran to my suitcase this was the nicest clothing I had. Better take it or leave it. As the driver drove I looked at how amazing New York was it was better in person than in books or movies.

"Your here Ms," the driver said. "Thank you," I shut the door and ran into the building. The elevator was closing. "Please hold it," I yelled the person in the elevator held the door. I ran in and caught my breath.

"Late?" They asked. I looked at the watch I had on. "3 minutes until I'm late," I sighed. "I'm always fucking late," I hit the palm of my hand on my forehead.

"We all are late sometimes," the guy said. "No I'm late all the time," the door opened. I ran out and into the way to Zane's office. I sat down in a chair where the lady told me to.

The office was fancy rich elegant. I waited patiently at least he doesn't know I was the late one. The door opened "Ms. Roberts," Zane leaves on the desk in front of me. I looked at his face holy shit.

The guy on the plane, he saw my facial expression because he laughs and walked to his desk. He sat in his chair "Yes I know you know who I am," he said.

"Hell- I mean heck yeah," he laughed again. "Oh my god I was wearing pajama in front of my almost boss," I said he laughed. "Remember it's a plane we should wear suits," he raised his eyebrow at me.

"I am so sorry," I said. "No it's ok I know you were joking well partly," he said. I nod with a soft smile. "Ok well since I've seen your face and you've seen mine," he said.

"I have been watching you and not in a weird way," he said. "No I get it," I said. "Ok like I said not in a weird way but I see you're an orphan," he said looking at a file.

"Yes, all my life parents were teens and couldn't raise me," I nod. "Ok and you went to Westminster College," he said. "Yes," I said. "Good school," I nodded. "I was eventually kicked out," I said.

"Why is that," he looked at me. "I was blamed for something I didn't do, I got in there with a full scholarship," I explained. "What were you planning on focusing on," he asked. "I was interested in law," he said.

"Interesting," he closed the file. No this never means a good thing. I've been through so many declines in jobs. Over 100 in a month.

"Ok, Roberts I find you very interesting," he said. Why. "I got on the plane with you my idea to see how you interact with daily people," he said. Oh shit, I failed.

"Oh...how did I do," I asked knowing I failed. "Really good actually," he said I looked at him confused. "How." "Your manners," he said. I nodded once again.

The door bushed open we both looked at the door. A crazy lady came in yelling. Oh lord, she looks terrible. Her lips were extra pumped, her ass was extra big like inhumanly, and her breasts lord doesn't get me started. "I knew you were in here with a lousy bitch," she yelled. "Excuse me," I said.

She looked at me "I'm not lousy nor am I a bitch," I snapped at her. "LORAN get the hell out I'm fucking working your acting crazy," Zane said. "Crazy wow really Zane," she said. "Yes now leave," he said. She walked out.

"I am extremely sorry," he stood up in front of me. He was extremely tall making my body shiver. "No it's fine," I said.
He sighed "My wife she's—eh I don't know how to explain it," he said. Wife...

"No like I said it's ok," I said. "I hope you will still accept this job offering to become my assistant," he said. "Oh my god really," I said he nodded.

I looked at him "What's wrong." "I don't have a good income to live here," I said. "I understood I will have your living situation figured out," he said.

"Thank you," I smiled "of course," I shook his hand. I walked out I got a fucking job finally. When I got to my hotel I called Jes and told him the news.