Ch.4 Cat

(Catherine's Pov)

Many people think of immortality as a gift, I consider it a curse. My family is a family of vampires, but we are different from most, we consider ourselves vegetarian because we only consume animal blood.

I was 17 when I turned. I remember feeling the warmth of sunlight, I remember how I could walk in the sun without any fear. I remember how it was before I was like this, I had a whole life in front of me but now everything seems like it is stuck.

I was sitting in the living room reading a book. My whole family was also there Emmet had Rosalie, Jasper had Alice, Carlisle had Esme only me and Edward were the ones who didn't have anyone, but I was still happy with what I had. But I didn't know that it was all about to change

We were all sitting enjoying the lazy evening but then we heard a crashing noise, I immediately went to check what it was and found that it was Alice. She was having another vision. Everybody also gathered around.

She took in a deep breath and was elated, but Edward looked concerned, he surely had seen it already. I asked Alice "What did you see?"

She grabbed me and hugged me and said "I saw your and Edward's mates." As I heard those words a sense of happiness and somewhat of guilt washed over me.

Alice then looked at me and hugged me even tighter and said "It will all work out Cat, I am sure of it."

I just smiled and nodded, I didn't even know if he would...

She then told us who they were and how they looked.

When I first saw him, it was like something was drawing me towards him, it was very unusual, I had never experienced it before. I saw those brown eyes of his, they had a little green in them. As I saw those eyes it was like they were beckoning me. I sat down next to my family and heard what he was saying.

I saw him giving a look to his sister to pry about me, I thought if he heard what I was like surely he will back off, but when Jessica was bad mouthing me, it hurt a little but then he said something that made me and everyone at the table laugh he said "You can stop now" I felt happy it felt like he was protecting me or something he continued "my sister takes interest in mysterious things, she is like a cat." Edward chuckled at that and brother said "She will like you then seeing you are sparkly."

But then he said something that made all of us a bit welcomed and "But she does have a supernatural sense of sorting good from bad." But then Edward being a paranoid weirdo tried to look into his mind and I was also interested in what it was but he said nothing so Emmet asked "What happened?"

He had a frustrated expression and said "I can't read their minds.."

We were confused and Alice asked "How?"

He had a frustrated expression and said "I don't know."

After the "lunch" was done, I had history. As I walked into the class, I smelled his scent. It was heavenly. It attracted me, it was like he was calling out to me, his scent was driving me wild. I was hoping that I was not sitting next to him but unfortunately, I was.

I asked if I could change seats but no other seats were available. I tried to control myself and walked over to him and sat down, I was holding myself back with everything that I had.

But then he turned to me and said "Hello, I am Chris Swan, you are." I wanted nothing more than to just suck him dry but I controlled myself and played the part of the obnoxious stuck up girl. I snapped at him, but it looked like he was not all that offended by me, which was weird.

He still tried to talk to me but every time he did all I could just think about was just how easy it would be to just let myself go, to indulge myself in this desire to grain him of his blood and how satisfying it would be but I controlled myself and said "Please don't talk to me" and he just stopped. He didn't pry any further and I was somewhat scared.