Ch.28 I stand my ground

The vision that Alice saw was what it was and why did it bother Edward so much. We all needed to know that's why a meeting was set when Bella and Edward will leave for dinner.

The way Alice and Edward were reacting I assume it's about Victoria or something and Bella is smart, well, smart enough to know that it may be about Victoria. So we needed to keep this a little quiet before we were sure.

I was at home and Bella was about to go to dinner. She entered my room and I said "You will get scared if you don't stop doing that."

She looked at me and said "Ew... don't say that."

I shrugged my shoulders and said "It's the truth. You don't want to see it."

She shook her head and said "Anyway, I am going for dinner. Should I bring something?"

I looked at her and said "A sandwich would be nice and are you going on a date wearing that?"

She looked at me and said "What's wrong with my outfit?"

I said "You look like a lumberjack sis come on."

She said "I think it's good."

I said "Yeah, if you two were going to bone... which you are not... so at least wear something nice."

She looked at me and said "I don't want to freeze my ass off."

I nodded and said "Who said you had to wear something like that." She looked at me and I said "Get rid of the oversized jacket, wear some jeans, put on a baggy sweater and get a ponytail going... it should be good enough."

She looked at me in disbelief and I said "What? My girlfriend is the equivalent of a model, you pick up some stuff."

She said "I don't have that stuff."

I sighed and said "Let me give her a call."

I called Cat and she was excited and she was coming with stuff. I said "She will be here in 10 min."

Cat came in under 10 minutes. Damn she must be excited. She took Bella to her room and dressed her up and she came out wearing a very mello yellow sweater, a pair of denim jeans and a ponytail.

Cat said "If you had glasses it would complete the look."

Bella said "Ok, no I am done. I will be late." and Edward came exactly at 7. I said "Looks like your date is here."

We went downstairs and Edward knocked on the door and Bella opened it and Edward was pleasantly surprised to see Bella.

Edward looked at us behind Bella and we had a stupid grin on our faces and Edward smiled and bella said "can we get out of here?"

Edward nodded and I said "Have fun kids, though not too much fun."

They got in the car and Cat leaned on my shoulders and said "How fast they grow up." I looked at her and we both laughed.

We waited for a few minutes then we also left for the meeting. We were in Cullen's residence. Edward was out with Bella and we were in the living room and Alice said "There is going to be an attack."

The second worst that could have happened. Carlisle asked "Is it Victoria?"

Alice shook her head and said "It's not her. It's someone else."

I sighed and said "Maybe that someone is working for Victoria, otherwise why attack here?"

Alice said "It could be the case and if it is like you say it is. Then she is hiding herself from me. We need to be careful."

Emmett asked "How many are coming?"

Alice sighed and said "A group of 10 newborns."

I asked "When is the attack?"

She shook her head and said "Maybe a couple of days? A week?"

Carlisle sighed and said "We would need to get Chris and Bella out of here."

I said "I am not going." I looked at Carlisle and said "Charlie is here and besides I am more of an asset than a liability."

Cat was standing beside me and she said "I am not going either. I am staying with him."

Carlisle looked at me and Cat and said "Victoria won't go for Charlie and I know it. She hates You and Cat the most. She won't hurt Charlie and besides she doesn't even know who you are."

I said "That may be but I still can't sit this one out. All of this happened because I messed up. I need to fix this." Cat held my hand.

Rosalie said "He's right... he created this mess he should be able to fix it."

Emmett said "I agree and besides with him... we will be able to take on a dozen more newborns."

Jasper said "We will need the numbers."

Carlisle looked at me and sighed and said "Fine, at least Edward and Bella will be safe."

The meeting was called to an end and I went to the balcony to get some air and Cat followed me and put her hands on my shoulder and said "Come on we will get to kill vampires cheer up."

I looked at her and just chuckled and said "That was weird to hear it from a vampire."

She pouted and said "Just trying to cheer you up."

I put my hands on her shoulder and said "I am fine, just worried about my sister, knowing she may refuse to go."

Cat then said "Don't worry Edward will take care of it."

I sighed and said "I hope so."

Then Esme called me and said she had the food ready. I ate some and took some with me for Charlie. Cat and I decided to spend time in my home until all this blows over and we are sure that Charlie is safe.

We reached my home and Charlie was working late today. We went to our room and we were hanging out and listening to music when we heard the car pull over.

Bella was coming upstairs and she entered my room and said "Hey Chris you want to eat this..." She looked up and saw Cat and said "Hey Cat."

I said "Oh, I already ate but that looks good." She tossed me the bag. I caught it.

She then asked "So what did you guys do?"

Cat said "Nothing much we were just hanging around, music and stuff." Bella nodded and Cat asked "How was the dinner?"

Bella nodded and said "It was nice... Edward asked to meet my mom... so we are going to Florida this week." She then asked "You guys want to come?"

Cat said "I don't think we can, Chris and I have a history project and some assignments this week."

Bella looked at me and I said "Sorry sis... looks like you will have to go with Mr. broody."

Bella chuckled and said "Alright... enjoy the food guys."

I said "Will do."

And with that Bella was out of the town for a week. I have to hand it to Edward. He is good. Now all that we have to worry about is just handling the newborn vampires that are coming our way to murder us. This should be fun.