Ch.34 Eclipse.

It was a dark night and the moon was hidden. We have been sitting by Charlie for hours now, hoping that he would wake up. It was midnight and I was sitting next to Charlie, I had my head down on the bed and was lightly sleeping.

I was still thinking about what Lucien had said to me. But I don't know if I am strong enough to do it. I was thinking this when I felt a hand on my head. I thought that it was Cat but then "You look tired."

I woke up and  looked, it was Charlie. He was finally awake. He looked at me and said "You look like shit, what happened?"

I looked at Cat, She got up from her seat and said "I'll go and get Carlisle." I nodded

I wanted to embrace him but I stopped myself seeing the ivs and all, he said "How long have I been out?"

I smiled and said "Not that long, it's been like 2 days."

He looked at me and said "Well, that's the longest nap I have taken in my entire life."

I said "You must be hungry, let me get something for you."

I walked to the bag and got out the soup that Esme had made for us. I got him some soup and I pulled that little table and He was trying to get up and I helped him to get up but then he stopped and looked at me and smiled and said "I must be on some strong stuff, cause I can't feel anything down below." 

He looked at me laughingly, I just stood there like a golem. He looked me in the eye and he said "Why can't I feel my legs?" I couldn't say anything, "Chris, answer me." He tried to remove the blanket. I stopped him, he looked at me and said "Let me see." He removed the blanket and both of his legs were cut off from the thigh down, they were too mangled and could have caused more problems.

His heart started to spike and he was panicking. I tried to calm him down but he looked at his legs and kept saying "Where are my legs?!" Carlisle and other nurses came. They told us to get out of the room.

I just looked at him, he was screaming, all that pain, that suffering, I couldn't bear it anymore. I couldn't breathe anymore. Cat put her hands on my shoulder and said "Chris, Chris! Calm yourself, breathe… breathe chris."

She hugged me and I said "What do I do?" She didn't have an answer.

Carlisle came out after a while and he said "He is stable now, he just panicked. There is nothing to worry about, all other vitals are fine."

I asked him, "If we turn him, can he walk?"

Cat and Carlisle looked at me and Carlisle said "Chris, I know that this is all…"

I cut him off and asked "Yes or No?"

He sighed and said "No."

I looked at him and said "But, Cat and Emmet were attacked by a bear their limbs were damaged. They are fine."

Cat looked at me and said "All of our limbs were intact at the time, his are cut off, so even if we turn him his legs won't come back."

Carlisle looked at me and said "Please just give him some time, he will overcome this."

I nodded and he said "Take care of him." He then walked away. Cat and I sat outside and Cat asked "Do you need something?"

I shook my head. I don't want him to overcome… I want him to have his legs back. He will get them back. I will turn him in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was 4 near 5. I didn't sleep at all from that point on. I was yawning a lot and Cat said "You should sleep."

I shook my head and said "No, I can't sleep anyway." I then looked at her and said "Hey can you get me some coffee? The one in the termos got cold."

She nodded and said "Okay, wait here… I'll go and get some." I waited for her to leave. Once she did. I went to Charli's room. I saw him sleep. I walked closer to him and I said "You got caught in it because of us." I grew fangs and I looked at him and said "I hope you can forgive me for what I am about to do."

I crouched and I removed the blanket and I bit him in the leg.

I got up and just waited then he started to shake violently, the machines were beeping and I saw that his heart was racing. Some nurse came in and I stepped aside.

She started to do something and I was just thinking the worst. Did I just kill him. Carlisle came in and he was helping them.

But then I heard Charlie flatline. His body stopped and they stopped. The Nurses left and Carlisle just looked at me and left.

I walked up to Charlie and I was weak in the knees I just fell down near his bedside. Cat came in and she sat next to me and holded me.

But then I heard some noise. It was like the beating of a heart. It was small. I got up and looked. It was Charlie. His heartbeat was getting faster.

I then saw his face had started to sweat and it looked like he was feeling pain. I then heard his bones start to crunch, his body was forming more muscles. His body was becoming more defined.

I heard his bones shifting. I then saw his spine correcting itself and his back becoming more aligned. I then heard a noise like if a blunt object had pierced a piece of flesh.

Cat went out to get Carlisle. I just looked at his body changing. He was still not up but his body was fixing him.

I removed the blanket from his body and I saw his body form a bones for his legs, he started to steam, it was coming everywhere from his body, his heart was racing, I saw Charlise rushing, his legs were forming muscles, blood vessels and nerves they were forming around the bone.

Carlisle came in with Cat and he started to check Charlie and he looked shocked and said "What did you do?"

I looked at him and said "I turned him." Cat looked at me in shock.

We then also saw the legs fully formed, his body had also gained muscles and some height was added he was now 6'3". His whole body was steaming and he was alive now.

He opened his eyes and gasped for air. I looked at him and I was ecstatic. He looked around and asked "What happened?" I hugged him. I didn't fail… he will live.

Charlie was the second werewolf now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~