Ch.30 It's vampire season

After the meeting with the wolves, I reached home and it was starting to get dark, Charlie was still at work. He has lately been very busy with the disappearance cases and there is one in particular that he has been worried about.

I wish that I could tell him the truth about everything but it's better this way, he will be protected if he doesn't know. I entered my house and I smelled that someone was cooking.

I walked into the kitchen and I saw Cat. She was making food. I watched her and she said, "It's creepy."

I chuckled and said "None more than you watching me sleep." I walked up to her and embraced her.

She turned around and said, "Well, I have nothing better to do."

I kissed her and said, "I can think of a few things to do." She looked at me and I said "What I mean when I am a little awake obviously." I kissed her neck and said, "Although I wouldn't stop you."

She pushed me away and said "That's enough for now Mr. pervert. I am cooking Lasagna."

I said, "I didn't know that you could cook."

She said "Well, I have been taking lessons from Rosalie and Esme. Seeing that you love to eat, I thought it would be better than your cooking."

I said, "I am offended, I am a good cook."

She chuckled and said, "Your sister says otherwise. Can you set the table?"

I was setting the table and I said "Any update from Alice?"

She said, "Nothing, we need to be on guard." She got the lasagna out of the oven and set it on top of the coster and also got the roasted veggies and garlic bread.

We both sat down and she served me the food and poured some coke, it all smelled heavenly and it looked delicious. She sat next to me and said "Bon appetit."

I took in a bit of the roasted vegetables and they were perfectly seasoned and crispy, the Lagana was amazing, the garlic bread was toasted to perfection.

She looked at me and I said "Oh, it is amazing." She gave me a smile and gave me more food. I ate a lot but remembered to save some for Charlie.

After the dinner was done, we went upstairs and she asked "So like they are outlining Leah? Why?"

I shrugged my shoulders and said, "Who knows, but one thing is for sure their numbers are way too high and although I trust Sam, I don't trust the new pups they have." I opened the door and I started to remove my clothes.

She looked at me and sat on the bed and said, "Are you saying that we may need to move?"

I sat on the bed and nodded "Yeah, cause even if they are cooperating now. I still would like to keep an arm's distance from them."

She looked at me and nodded and said, "We'll move as soon as we graduate."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few days have passed now, the patrolling of the house started again and the ones that came for the duty weren't all that stoked about it. There would be 2 wolves, at the watch, and out of the two one was constant Leah. Looks like she got the short end of the stick.

Today is the day that they will attack. We had already informed the wolves about this and today the number of wolves had been increased from 2 to 6. Leah was in charge of it all.

It was starting to get dark. I called Charlie and I said to him that I will be spending the night at Cullen's house. So not to wait up.

We were in the forest near Cullen's house. It was on the southeast side of the forest. Everyone was already there. Cat and I reached a little late. I was wearing my shorts and tank top. Emmett said "you showed up. I was thinking that you two chickened out."