Ch.35 Eclipse pt.2

I had turned Charlie and this decision had given him his legs back and I was happy that it was successful, but others were disappointed, I know failure would have meant losing him, but seeing him like this was not acceptable to me.

Charlie was again put to sleep by Carlisle, he wanted to check him again just to be sure, he also contacted Bella when Charlie temporarily died. He was gone to fudge up some reports about Charlie.

I  was sitting in the room next to him and Bella came storming in the room. She walked up to me and I got up and she asked "What happened, is Charlie okay? Carlisle first told me he was gone, now he is okay. What is happening?"

I looked at her and I sighed and said "I turned him."

She looked at me and she slapped me, she slapped me again. She grabbed me and she said "How could you do it, he could have died!"

I said "He asked me where his legs were? What was I supposed to say? What could I have said Bella?" I looked at her and I said "He got dragged into this because of us. And I know what I have done… but I just couldn't bear it anymore." She let go of me "Seeing him like that was killing me. It was killing me because I knew I had the means to help him but if I didn't do it, I would regret it. So I did it. You can hate me all you want."

She shook her head and said "This was not a decision you should have taken alone. You should have asked… before you did this to him."

I looked at her and said "To him? I did this for him!"

Cat and Edward came in between and she looked at me and said "Chris, please." I looked at her and she turned around and said "We are going right now, you two will have a better time talking when Charlie is up."

Edward took Bella's hand and said "I think that would be for the best."  He then took her outside.

Cat turned towards me and I looked at her and I asked "You also think what I did was wrong?"

She placed her hand on my face and she said "I don't know Chris, you wanted to help your father, you didn't want to see him like this. You had a solution still, you looked for alternatives. Honestly I can't judge you for what you did." She then got to packing.

I sighed and said "I just didn't know what to do anymore Cat. This was the only way I could have helped him."

She looked at me and said "Give it time, Chris. Everything will get back to how it is supposed to be."

I nodded and then went to help her in packing. We packed up and we left the hospital and went home. Esme was still here. She opened the door and she said "How are you Chris? I heard what happened."

We walked in and she closed the door and I said "Yeah, I turned Charlie into a werewolf."

She hugged me and I was surprised and she said "Ah, Chris… you poor boy. It must have been hard for you."

I hugged her back and she said "Don't worry Chris, Carlisle will take care of the whole leg situation."

I said "Thank you Esme for being here."

She let go of me and she said "No need to thank me Chris. Now, go and get some sleep. Charlie will be here in a few hours."

I nodded and we went upstairs and I put the bag down and I crashed on bed. Cat sat next to me and she said "When me and my family got into that accident, my parents didn't make it, Emmett and I were the only ones who were alive enough to be saved. I was never fully grateful that I was given a second chance at life, until I had you. I think Charlie will be able to see what you have done for him. Maybe he will forgive you as well."

I nodded and said "I hope so, Cat."

She then laid down next to me and I held her close and she said "Just give it some time, Chris." I said "Don't have any other choice as well, because it looks like everyone is pissed except for Esme and you."

She turned towards me and she said "Now, sleep. If you can. You need the rest." I nodded and I just decided to sleep for now, I'll think about all this when I wake up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I slept for a few hours and then I was woken up by Cat, she shook me and woke me up and she said "Come, Charlie is here."

I got out of my bed and went downstairs to meet him and he was in a wheelchair. Bella and Edward were behind him and so was Carlisle.

Carlisle closed the door and Charlie got up from the chair. He walked towards me and he punched me. I kinda deserve it.

I looked down and I said "I am sorry."

He said "You better be." He then hugged me and said "Why in god's name you didn't tell me what you both were getting into."

I was confused and I asked "You are not pissed about me turning you into a werewolf?"

He said "You got my legs back Chris, I can't be pissed about it."

I started to cry and I said "I am sorry."

He said "It's alright Chris… just don't cry… please."

I then let go of him and I wiped the tears off and asked him "How do you feel? How are your legs?"

He said "I feel freaking great and hungry… we have something to eat?"

Esme said "Yeah, I have made some food, you both should come and eat."

We both went and sat at the table and I asked him "How much did they tell you?"

He said "Well, they talked about what you are and vaguely said what they are but they said that I should talk to you about it."

I nodded and I said "Okay, then let's start small then." I then told him what we are and then told him what the Cullen's are, how they are different and are more like allies than enemies.

Then I told him about Victoria and the current situation. I then asked him "Do you know who attacked you?"

He said "Yeah, it was a guy in his early 20's. His name is Riley Biers. He was reported missing a few months ago."

Carlisle said "He must be the guy who you saw that day."

I nodded and Carlie said "So when are we going to get him?"

I looked at him and I said "Ah, right now, you can't really go anywhere."

He looked at me and asked "Why? You said that I am a powerhouse then why not?"

Bella stepped up and said "Because he left out the part where you have to transform once on a moonlight to fully become a werewolf."

I looked at her and I said "I was getting to it."

She said "Yeah, like when?"

I sighed and said "I get that you are pissed me but please?"

She shook her head and said "Oh, I am more than pissed, I am enraged."

I then heard "Ah, they care for me so much. I love them." I turned and I looked at Charlie and I said "Did you say something?"

He shook his head and said "No."

I then again heard "So I will have to transform, will it be painful?"

I said "Did you just say that I will have to transform? Will it be painful?"

He looked at me shocked and nodded and I thought "We have a telepathic link."

He was surprised and said, "That is trippy."

I nodded and said "It is."

Charlie then asked "So like what is the big deal with turning into a werewolf? Would I lose my mind or something?"

I looked at Charlie and said "Yes, but that is just a one time thing."

Bella said "Don't worry we will be there to help."

I looked at her and said "Are you crazy, he will shred them."

She  looked at me and said "You didn't."

I shook my head and said "Because I had some control, we can't expect him to have that same degree of control."

Cat got up and said "We will figure something out, we still have plenty of days before the full moon."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~