Chapter 4 - Roots to the Past

Jordan's pov:

-"This time Elektra dug her own grave. She made a serious mistake, a mistake that's gonna cost her more than the position of the Alpha of the Black Shadow Pack. This will be the end of her! It was time! I am sick of her arrogant behavior!" I said triumphantly.

-"Father I am not so sure about it. Elektra is our Alpha's daughter. She has him wrapped around her little finger" my son contradicted. He is always so pathetic. At least it has the pure blood of the Black Shadow Pack not like Elektra. He deserves to be the Alpha of this pack and not this common that Bartholomew wants to impose on us!

-"Don't say nonsense David! Bartholomew is never tied to anyone. He only cares about his ass. You do not see that this is your only chance to become the Alpha of this pack, you idiot? We just have to handle it smartly if we want to make it happen."

-"I...I really don't know father! I don't believe that he would do anything to hurt his own daughter....He loves her so much!"

-"His own daughter...... Don't make me laugh! He has so many children that are pure Black Shadow but this idiot prefers this miasma! The child this pleb has given birth to! This half breed will never be our Alpha as long as I am alive! Only over my dead body will she succeed!"

-"Father what you are saying? What do you mean by calling Electra half breed? Wasn't her mother the Luna of our pack? At least that's what you've said to us when we were little"

-"Don't pay any attention to what I am saying......."

-"But.....but you just called our Luna pleb"

-"Shut it you idiot! I really said nothing! The only thing you need to know is that you must be prepared! Do you understand?"

-"What do you mean by being prepared?"

-"Oh my Goddess why did you give me such a stupid child? Why? Don't say more! I will take care of it. Just stand in a corner and watch me! I'll tell you what you have to do when time comes. I told him frustrated. If I will succeed to make him the Alpha, I will rule instead of him. And everyone will obey my orders. Even Bartholomew....

Elektra's pov:

I was in the Alpha's office taking care of every day pack issues when Roxanne got in very upset. It was the first time she behaved like that! She is usually a reserved person who never lets her feelings show.

-"My child what have you done?" she asked me in agony. It was evident that she was extremely worried and that she couldn't control her behavior.

I stopped what I was doing, raised my head and looked at her in wonder.

-"What are you talking about?" I asked her confused.

-"Is it true that you gave to the prisoner a guest room at the pack house?"

-"Yes" I said coolly.

-"And that you intend to let him free?" she asked again.

-"Yes also true" I replied casually.

-"Have you completely lost your mind my child?" Roxanne raised her voice to me. She hadn't done that for years. The last time she did it, I was twelve years old. I had gone to the woods all alone without permission and the whole pack was searching for me. My father was about to kill her when they finally managed to find me. Thank Goddess for that!

I don't have a problem with her behavior, cause Roxanne is like a mother to me. She raised me and she has the right to speak to me in any way she likes. But this time her behavior surprised me. She is always so well behaved and restrained that seeing her in this condition makes me wonder.