Chapter 8 - The Annual Gathering

Elektra's pov:

-"Did you inform them all?" David asked eagerly.

-"Yes, yes .....don't worry. We will all meet at the eastern borders. We will remain hidden until the guards shift" I reassured him.

-"Perfect! That's why it's useful to have the senior management by your side" David exclaimed in relief and continued "I look forward to attending this gathering. I am so confident that I will find my mate there!"

-"Relax..don't have such high expectations. We are going mainly for one reason! "

-"Which is?" David wondered.

-"Have fun you silly what else?"

-"Oh yes that too.. "

-"So we will meet at nine. Don't be late...." I told him and headed to the training fields. I don't know why but I have a strange feeling about this night. Like something assures me that it's gonna be great! I really hope my premonition comes true!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Several hours later

-"Please promise me that you won't do anything dangerous" Roxanne kept telling me as she was tidying my room.

-"Relax Roxanne. I am going to a gathering not for war!" I contradicted.

-"Take care of yourself, don't drink anything and trust nobody" she advised again.

-"Ok ok I will" I told her boredly. I wasn't in a mood to confront her. The only thing I wanted was to leave.

-"Do you promise?" Roxanne asked concerned. It was obvious that she was very worried about me.

-"I promise" I reassured her, giving her a toothy smile and crossing my fingers behind my back. Roxanne can be so annoyingly persistent sometimes ... but I knew she was willing to give her life for me and I appreciated it.

The clock struck eight-thirty at night and I carefully left my room. I was wearing black tights with a black bra. I have hidden my nice dress, makeup and heels in my gym bag, so I cannot arouse suspicion. Everyone knew I liked night training. I was actually training at any time of the day. It's one of the only things I can do without restrictions.

I ran down the hall, down the stairs and headed for the door. I greeted the guards outside and went to the training fields.

We had all decided to go to the gathering on foot as we could not take the cars with us. In addition, the gathering was not far from our pack, only ten kilometers away. We could easily cover this distance on our wolf form.

When I arrived at the training fields I looked around to check if anyone was watching and when I made sure that nobody was around I headed toward the forest. David was waiting for me there with some other pack members while others have already started heading towards the eastern borders. From a quick count I guessed we were all 25 people, girls and boys. We could not risk revealing this to more people, so David and I decided to only inform our most trusted friends about it. If this went well we would inform more next year.

After an hour of running in the woods we managed to reach the Blue Moon Pack area. Blue Moon was the hosting pack for this year. Each year a different pack was selected to host the gathering. In this way many packs were given the opportunity to attend the gathering and find their mates.

Blue Moon wasn't a big pack. Although its central town was small, its lands were fertile and prosperous and its people were known for their kindness and hospitality. After one hour of speeding through the forest we finally arrived at Blue Moon's western borders.

We shifted in our human form and after we put on our evening clothes we went to the pack house. We passed the identification control and entered the basketball court where the gathering was held. The place was big and nicely decorated. Big colorful balls and garlands were hanged everywhere. To our left there was a buffet full of different foods, while to our right the DJ decks where a DJ was standing playing several kinds of music. There was also a bar next to it with all kinds of drinks. In the middle there was a big dance floor while the rest of the area was filled with tables and chairs in white. One of the waiters told us that each pack has its own tables which were named with a sign above. We looked for our own. Finally we found our two tables that were next to each other in the right corner and sat down. Everyone on the neighboring tables was staring at us with surprise as they didn't expect us to show up. A waiter came after several minutes to take our orders.