Chapter 63 - Unreasonable demands

Cito fit quod dei volant – What the gods want happens soon (Petronius)

Alexander's pov:

-"What did you say?" I asked completely amazed. Hearing Elektra saying something like that surprised me deeply, especially now that I have lost every hope to win her back.

-"You heard me" she said with deeper voice than she used to.

-"It isn't you  but your wolf. I knew it!" I commented disappointedly. Of course it was her wolf who felt jealousy when she saw me with another female. Even though she rejected me, her wolf hasn't given up our bond yet. No wolf can escape the bond. It is more complicated for them than us.

-"No, it's only me" she strongly insisted.

-"Please Elektra. Don't treat me like an idiot. I know you don't have any feelings for me. You've been kind enough to show it to me several times in the past" I said in annoyance.

-"Alexander I am sorry. I know I've treated you badly but now I'm here to make amends..."

-"To make amends? What are you talking about?" I asked in surprise.... I really didn't expect her to show up here asking me for amends. She seemed so happy with this Andros. What made her change her mind? Probably her wolf pushed her to come here tonight. Although my wolf insisted in my head that it wasn't just her wolf talking I couldn't believe her.....What should I believe anyway? Elektra is a person of no stability. She proved it several times in the past. I gave her many chances to stand beside me and be my mate but she refused every one of them. If she really wants to make amends she has to try a lot to convince me for her good intentions. I am not going to give her another chance so easily. I had enough of her indecisiveness.

Elektra's pov:

I stood in front of Alexander trying to persuade him about my intentions. I really don't know what got into me. I just had enough of his relationship with that Monica. Seeing them together made me realize that I still had feelings for him. I felt so puzzled. What was happening to me? A few days ago, I was sure about my feelings: I was already over him and loved Andros. I didn't need to give it any further thought. As soon as I realized it, I got in my car and headed towards Alexander's apartment. He opened the door completely surprised to see me at this hour of the time. I got in determined. I really couldn't tell where all this strength came from cause I was sure it wasn't only  my wolf. I desperately tried to convince him about my feelings to no avail. My previous actions didn't help the situation either. He was set in his views. It became clear to me that I didn't have a chance. Probably he has already moved on.

-"I know I treated you poorly and unfair, but please try to understand me....My whole life got upside down those last few months... Everything I knew, was totally a lie... I know that you weren't to blame in anything.......Unfortunately, I handled it very badly" I confessed in shame.

-"You abandoned me while I was there for you to support and help you in any possible way" he commented strictly.

-"I know...." I agreed.

-"But you didn't appreciate it" he commented in a strict way.

-"You can't imagine how sorry I am about it!" I sadly confessed.

-"Ok" he said in a flat tone.

-"Ok? Is that all what you have to say?" I wondered in sadness.

-"I am sorry but I am very tired. I would like to get some sleep, if you don't mind."

-"But I.....I have so much  more things to tell you"

-"I am sorry but it's not the time nor the place to make such conversations"