Chapter 21 - Good Hospitality

Steve's pov:

It's been hours and Alexander hasn't communicated with me yet. Yesterday he said that he would go to the Silver Moon Pack to find Elektra and announce her the good news, but since then, I've got no sign of him. Alexander never does that, something is wrong. I decided to go down my office and call the Beta of the Silver Moon Pack and ask for explanations. I have to find out where my Alpha is.....After several rings the Beta of the Silver Moon Pack eventually answered my call.

-"Beta Andrews of the Silver Moon Pack speaking. How can I help you?" a harsh voice was heard.

-"Hello, I am Steve, Beta of the Silver Dawn Pack. I would like to ask about my Alpha, Alexander"

-"What about him?" the man asked indifferently.

-"I know that he is there and I would like to speak with him because I can't find him through mind-link or his cell phone"

-"Your Alpha has left yesterday morning with you....What are you talking about?" the man asked incredulously.

-"Yes he has, but he returned in the evening"

-"No, he didn't" he said curtly.

-"I know he did" I insisted.

-"What are you saying, Beta?" the Beta of the Silver Moon pack asked angrily.

-"I am not accusing you of anything. I am just mentioning the obvious...."

-"Beta, don't mess with us....I suggest you looking for your Alpha elsewhere..."

-"I will but if it turns out that you are lying to me, the Council will be informed about it" I said in a strict tone.

-"Are you threatening me?"

-"Take it any way you want" the Beta of the Silver Moon Pack and hung up the phone to me.

That's enough! I have to form a searching group to look for Alexander and fast. Two hours have already passed when my team sent me feedback. One of our best scouters informed me that Alexander's trails ended up at the eastern borders of the Silver Moon pack! Their Beta lied to me. I knew it! I immediately picked up the phone and called my brother, John. John works as the Council's Military Adviser. He is the one who helped us be recognized by the Council as a pack and confirmed Alexander's authority as an Alpha. When I informed him about Alexander's difficult situation, he advised me not to do anything reckless. He would sort things out without me having to intervene. I didn't like the idea but I knew he was right. I knew that Richard was part of Bartholomew's gang and a frontal attack wouldn't benefit us at the moment. So I waited for John to do his things, but the hours passed with John not giving me any feedback. I was wondering if I should call him back when I saw John's call on my phone.

-"Tell me John...what's going on? Did you find anything about Alexander?" I asked eagerly.

-"I talked to Alpha Richard. He informed me that Alexander was imprisoned for espionage"

-"What? What nonsense are these? Alexander isn't a spy..."

-"I know, I have already told him that Steve...."

-"And? What was his response?"

-"He said that they are running a background check and if everything proves to be ok, they will let him free...."

-"What do you mean by everything proves to be ok?" I asked angrily. I had enough of this nonsense!

-"I am just telling you what he told me. I assure you, he won't dare to do anything stupid. He knows the Council is watching."