Chapter 6 - Father takes over

Elektra's pov:

I went behind some trees, shifted back to my human form and returned to the place where Alexander was waiting for me. I gave him a big smile which he returned happily. He was dressed casually like the first time I met him, although he looked a bit tired this time.

-"Where did the rogues go?" I wondered.

-"I didn't see any rogues" he replied calmly.

-"Don't you smell anything bad?" I asked again.

-"Of course I do. It was the smell that brought me here!" he explained.

-"What are you doing here anyway?" I wondered.

-"I return home" he answered coolly.

-"The conference finished three days ago" I commented making him laugh.

-"Am I being interrogated miss Alpha female?" he asked playfully.

-"No, no of course not!" I said ashamed. I am never indiscreet, but with this man I can not restrain myself. I want to know everything about him. Although he is a complete stranger to me, I can't help feeling so familiar when I am with him. I can talk to him freely without pretexts!

-"Relax! I am teasing you!" he said casually and continued" I took the opportunity to visit some old friends! I didn't intend to pass through your territory especially since I haven't got permission from your Alpha ...." he remarked.

-"Oh....I see....." I said disappointed.

-"But in the end my move turned out to be a pleasant one!" he commented smiling widely.

Oh my Goddess how beautiful smile he has! I am dying for his smile! It's like his smile is illuminating the world!

-"Why is that?" I asked him. Although I probably wondered what his answer would be, I desperately wanted to hear it from his own lips!

He approached me with small steps and only stopped when we were a few centimeters away. He put his hands on my shoulders and stroked them gently. Then, after looking straight into my eyes, he whispered slowly:

-"Because I had the chance to see you again!"

Hearing his words made me blush like a schoolgirl! My body started shaking while millions of butterflies flew in my stomach. The attraction between us was undeniable, even though we weren't mates. Why did we feel this way about each other? I couldn't find a logical explanation for this no matter how deep I searched!

We stayed there for a few seconds breathing heavenly and looking at each other without saying anything. I was lost in the gray of his eyes. Those two beautiful eyes that could make me lose my mind! Although he is a very handsome man, that is not what draws me to him the most. His aura is so attractive! It has something about it that is so charming! I just can't resist it!

-"I have to leave now. I don't want to anger your father!"  Alexander commented.

His words saddened me but what could I do? He was right. There was nothing important here for him. Unfortunately I wasn't his mate and he knew it! I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up, but something inside me couldn't let go of the idea.

He took my hand and gave it a small peck while his eyes never left mine. His kiss made my whole body shiver. I don't know why or how but he manages to have such an impact on me!

-"Until we meet again" he said and disappeared inside the forest.

I stood frozen in my place looking at the side Alexander left and thinking about him. I was upset as I was sure it was the last time I saw him. The chances of seeing him again were slim as my pack was far enough of his. When I realized it, my heart suddenly broke into a thousand pieces.