Chapter 57 - Walking away

Elektra's pov:

I woke up in the middle of the night with a heavy heart. I really hoped that what happened before was just a bad nightmare, but I quickly realized that my hopes were in vain. Alexander's rejection was true. He didn't want to do anything with me. Everything was lost. Staying here didn't suit me anymore. Although I belonged to Silver Dawn pack by origin I couldn't stay here and watch Alexander treating me like this. I just couldn't stand it anymore. I had to leave. And go where? My wolf asked me inside my head.

Return to Black Shadow pack wasn't an option. Not that I wasn't accepted there, but mainly because I wasn't ready to go back yet. That place was filled with so many memories, memories I wanted to erase from my mind or at least make them less hurtful.

I gathered my thoughts and things and left the room. It was five in the morning when I passed the borders. The guards wanted to inform Steve the beta about my departure, but I managed to convince them that the leaders of this pack were aware of it and since everybody knew that I was Alexander's mate they bought it.

The border opened and I was free to go. I accelerated without second thoughts. Staying here after the silent accept of my rejection from Alexander was a real torture for me. I know I caused the turn that things took, but I can't accept the whole situation. Our relationship has no hope of flourishing, our bond is doomed and Alexander treating me like any other member of his pack is not an option. I don't think I can handle it. That's why I decided to leave. I won't return to the Black Shadow pack. I'm going somewhere else, somewhere far from here where nobody knows me and make a fresh start. I took the central avenue that led to the north filled with new hopes and dreams.

Roxanne's pov:

I woke up with a terrible premonition, like something bad was going to happen today. I quickly got dressed and went down to the restaurant to have breakfast. I had only a few bites from my pan cakes. Something was wrong and was really bothering me, I just couldn't figure out what....

I got upstairs and headed towards Elektra's room. I knocked on her door and waited for her response. Several minutes passed without any sign of her. I knocked again to no avail. I decided to go in. The spectacle confirmed my worries. Her bed was untouched, her wardrobe was empty and she was nowhere to be found. She had left!

I left her room in despair and headed to Alexander's office. As soon as I arrived at his door two guards stopped me from entering. They told me that Alexander had a very important meeting with some council members. I ignored them and burst in.

-"What the hell?" Alexander exclaimed in annoyance while the other two wolves he was with were already standing in front of me ready to attack me.

-"Alexander I must speak with you!" I said decisively.

-"What's going on Roxanne? Why are you here?"

-"El...elektra is nowhere to be found. She's gone..." I said castrated while Alexander signaled his men to exit the room.

-"Maybe she returned to your old pack" Alexander said calmly. "What's wrong with him? Why is he reacting so strangely? His mate has just left him"

-"What are you talking about? She wouldn't go there!" I exclaimed in annoyance.

-"It's something that's easy to discover" he said and called David on his phone who answered immediately. David informed us that he hadn't spoken with Elektra for days. Elektra apparently wasn't there. He reassured us that if she showed up he would notice us right away"

-"Where is she then?" I wondered in frustration.

-"Maybe she went for a walk" Alexander said casually.