Chapter 42 - Misunderstanding

Alexander's pov:

I was working in my office until late, revising some files when Alina got in.

-"Alpha, I have to speak to you for something very important"

-"What's going on Alina?' I said putting down the files.

-"We have a woman from the Black Shadow pack in the dungeons."

-"Who is she?" I wondered anxiously.

-"Relax, it isn't Elektra..." I assured him.

-"And?" I asked her looking her straight in the eyes.

-"She attacked Cassandra. I interrogated her but she insists on talking with you"

-"She attacked Cassandra? Why?"

-"I don't know. Maybe Bartholomew sent her. She belongs to his pack and what is more to his close environment"

-"Then you did well. Thank you for informing me. Have two guards watch over Cassandra"

-"I've already done that"

-"That's why you are the best" I told her giving her a thumb up while she smiled at me broadly.

The following days were very tiring. My spies didn't manage to find where Elektra went. I was frustrated as I had a premonition that something bad might happen to her.

Things were no better with Bartholomew. He has also vanished into thin air! This couldn't be a coincidence. Elektra probably went to find her father, but why is she hiding? Why didn't she return to her position?

I decided to call David to find out more details: I dialed his number and waited for him to answer. Some seconds passed and David's voice was heard.

-"Beta David speaking!"

-"Good evening David. I'm Alexander from the Silver Down pack"

-"Alpha Alexander. How can I help you?" he asked politely.

-"I worry about Elektra. Do you have any news about her whereabouts?"

-"I don't know anything about it. That's why Roxanne came to see you, to help us find her"

-"Roxanne as Elektra's nanny?"

-"Yes, she is in your pack since last week."

-"Oh my goodness! Roxanne was the member of the Black Shadow pack?" I asked incredulously.

-"I'm sorry I don't follow....." David said puzzled.

-"I am sorry I have to go now. I'll call you later" I said and hung up.

Then I mind linked the prison guard and ordered him to bring Roxanne up. Oh my Goddess! How did I let myself do such a terrible thing?

After a few minutes Roxanne came in, she looked tired and malnourished.

-"Mrs. Roxanne" I said feeling guilty.

-"Alpha Alexander" she said giving me a stern look after she bowed in front of me. Then she continued irritated "What took you so long?"

I signaled her to sit and she did. I knew a lot about Roxanne as Elektra spoke constantly about her. But I never met her in person. Unfortunately the first impression she has of me wasn't satisfactory: Her imprisonment for so many days did not help much.

-"I.... I am really sorry. I didn't realize it was you.... Alina told me that you were imprisoned for attacking Cassandra.''

-"The young girl? Of course I didn't! I only asked her where I could find you when she started shouting for help! When the guards came, she told them to imprison me in the dungeons for attacking her!" she said irritated.