Chapter 23 - Almost rejected

Alexander's pov:

Two hours later I was outside the eastern borders of the Black Shadow Pack. My watch was showing 16:30 and I knew that in half an hour the guards would change shifts. I had exactly two minutes to make my move and enter the pack premises unnoticed. So I decided to relax while I was waiting.

At 17:00 the guards, faithful to their appointment, changed shifts. I quickly passed the outpost and headed towards the pack house. The first and easy part of my plan was already completed. Now I had to complete the second and more difficult: Find Elektra. Although I have hidden my sense, it will not be easy to wander in the pack without raising suspicions.

I carefully approached the pack and scanned the area to find her. At this time of day the streets were very busy. Many members of the pack were out as it was a beautiful spring day enjoying the sun and good weather. I hid behind a large bush and waited for it to get dark. Unfortunately there was no sign of Electra. Where was she?

I was about to leave my hiding place when a girl passed by. She was petite and very thin and her clothes were worn, probably an omega girl.

-"I am sorry Miss" I said to her. Luckily I had taken my clothes with me and I was presentable! She looked around in surprise and when she realized that there was no one next to me and I was addressing to her, she told me timidly with her head down.

-"How can I help you, Sir...?"

-"I would like to speak with Miss Elektra"

-"Elektra, as the Alpha's daughter?" she asked timidly.

-"Yes, where can I find her?" I asked her excitedly.

-"Probably at the training fields" she replied.

-"Ok thank you very much miss......."

The girl looked at me in surprise. Some seconds passed in complete silence when she finally realized that I was asking for her name and answered:

-"Mary, sir"

-"Nice to meet you Mary, I am Alexander" I told her and headed to the training fields where there were a lot of people training. I scanned the area searching for Elektra. I looked for her everywhere to no avail. She was nowhere to be found.

-"Where was she?"

I was wandering when I realized that warriors were beginning to appear. I could not risk it anymore. The warriors are not fools. There was a good chance one of them would notice my presence and that would be my end. I returned to my hiding place where I stayed until the night. Unfortunately Elektra was nowhere to be found. Where was she?

I decided to go hunting as I was hungry. Fortunately after an hour I managed to catch a deer and fill my empty belly. During the hunt I found a small cave and decided to spend the night there. I would visit the pack again in the morning trying to find Elektra. I really hoped I was luckier that time.

The next day I woke up feeling very sleepy. I desperately wanted a cup of coffee so I could start my day. I knew today was my last attempt to talk to Elektra. The magic filter effect would last until the afternoon and my sense would be exposed to other werewolves. That was not good at all for me..... I did not think that John would be able to free me this time, no matter how much he would try.

I followed the path that lead to the pack and hide behind a big bush, the same bush I was yesterday. Although it was very early in the morning there was a lot of traffic. The omegas went upside down doing their daily chores, warriors were trained in the fields, several wolves jogged or went to work, but Electra was nowhere to be found. Where is this girl?