Chapter 54 - Nightmare

Alexander's pov:

As soon as Elektra told me she felt the bond I ran to my office where Esmeree was waiting for me. I wanted to know if what Elektra felt was permanent or not. I was excited to share the good news when Esmeree stopped me by telling me that she already knew. Although it startled me, it didn't surprise me at all.

-"Esmeree what 's going to happen now?"

-"And they all lived happily ever after...." she replied mockingly.

-"Come on, don't make fun of me. Will this phenomenon remain or  there is a risk that Elektra will lose this capability again? I really hope not, it will be devastating for Elektra"

-"This can only be answered by the Elders!" Esmeree replied coldly.

-"Then I must pay them a visit immediately" I said decisively and abruptly stood up.

-"Relax, you have a whole day to do that!"

-"I can't wait any longer. I need to know! Now" I said impatiently.

-"You can't go by yourself. You must take Elektra with you!"

-"Ok. I will send a guard to inform her"

-"Elektra is already far asleep. I suggest you do the same. It would be better if you were by her side right now."

-"I...I can't"

-"Why?"

-"I just can't face her right now. Her rejection hurt me deeply...My wolf is already heartbroken"

-"I know that but yhe has to forgive her..." Esmeree suggested.

-"I....I don't think that he feels ready yet...." I said honestly.

-"I really hope you will. I suggest you to spend the day with Elektra tomorrow. Organize a picnic or a walk in the woods or the lake. Do whatever you like as long as you don't leave her alone, she needs you more than ever...." Esmeree insisted.

-"It's  more important to see the Elders, don't forget about it" I contradicted.

-"I don't. The Elders will be also there the day after tomorrow. Be sure about that!" she said and winked at me.

-"I....I really don't know. I don't want to risk it......"

-"I understand! Well do whatever you think is best for you" she said and looked at the clock that was hanging above my desk. "Oh! Time runs quickly. I have to go..." Esmeree commented and stood up.

-"Wait. It's very late for you to return home alone. You better stay here tonight!" I told her as I grabbed her hand.

-"No, I have to go...." she insisted.

-"It's very late for a woman to wander in the woods, don't you see?"

-"Don't worry about me. My time hasn't come yet...." she said playfully and winked at me. Then  opened the door and walked away.

On my way to my room, I passed Elektra's room. I gently opened the door and stepped inside. The room was dark with only a small light on. I approached the bed where she was sleeping peacefully. I caressed her face and hair and gave her a kiss on the cheek. Then I left the room and headed to mine, took off all my clothes and lay down under the sheets.

I started thinking about what has already happened. Everything became so easy: I caught Bartholomew and his gang. I avenged my father's death and the distraction of my pack, I found my mate and when I thought all was lost between us, she returned to me and began to feel the bond.....I really don't know. Is this all a dream?