Chapter 35 - In absolute secrecy

Elektra's pov:

After two days of endless discussions and negotiations the meeting between the Alphas was eventually over.

I returned to my pack anxious to warn my father of the bounty. It was Saturday noon when we arrived at our pack completely exhausted. These meetings always are very noisy and stressful for me. Apart from the meetings I had to face Alexander's intimacies with his mate. Wherever I went I found them spending time together. Although most of the time they behaved decently but I just couldn't stand watching them together. It was obvious that in a short time they managed to build a strong relationship among them. Although I didn't like the idea at all, I had no other choice. I have to accept that there isn't any chance for me and Alexander. Furthermore even if his mate didn't exist we couldn't be together as we became enemies. He is the one who put my father behind bars by plotting against him. My father was right when he warned me about him and his family. He knew how much they hated us but unfortunately I didn't believe him. I was wrong!

I took a quick shower and ran to my office where David and our Gamma, George were waiting for me for our weekly briefing.

Things in the pack were quiet. Nothing happened during our absence. Gamma George had it all under control. We planned the next week's schedule and after allowing George to go, David and I arranged the final details for my meeting with father tomorrow. Although David didn't agree with my decision, he was willing to help me organize my flight from the pack. David was sceptical for two reasons: firstly because he didn't trust my father. Αlthough he didn't say it directly, I understood it from his attitude and his words. Secondly, because we knew that we were being watched by the Council's spies and that made the situation more difficult.

We decided to create a distraction to keep the spies busy. David and George will start training sessions in front of the pack house, while I and two guards dressed all in omegas will head for the mountain after first stopping at the river on the western border pretending to wash the carpets.

The next day after doing my daily routine I dressed in omega clothes and went downstairs. Together with the other two guards who were disguised as omegas too, we headed towards the river. Luckily for me most of my pack members didn't realize who I was and ignored me completely.

We reached the river and unloaded the carpets. After we made sure that no one was following us I left the guards there and took the path that lead to the cave alone. Although David insisted not to go alone, I didn't listen to him. I don't know why but he didn't trust my father, he was always wary of him. Whenever I asked him why, he avoided answering, but I'm sure something must have happened between them to make David so cautious with him.

I approached the place where the cave was after I made a few rounds in the area to cover my traces. I have already shifted in my wolf form since I left the river.

I made sure that no one was following me and entered the cave. When I got in my father's smell filled my nostrils, but he wasn't nowhere around.

- "Where was he? Did I misinterpret his message?" I thought to myself.

-"No, I don't think so.......probably he is hiding" Frostie intervened in my head.

-"Hiding from what?" I wondered.

-"Maybe he is testing you" Frostie said again.

-"Testing me? Why?" I asked again.

-"Maybe he doesn't trust you. It is reasonable! He just got out of jail" Frostie explained.

-"Reasonable? I am his daughter for goodness sake!" I commented irritated.