Chapter 52 - Rejection

Elektra's pov:

At five o'clock I got in the car and headed for the Silver Dawn pack. I was really upset about the whole thing. One side of me didn't want to follow the plan while the other insisted on doing it. I was dying to see Alexander's reaction. I was actually dying to see him again but something was holding me back. I was filled with doubts. I couldn't go on like this. I really hoped that he really loved me.

After an hour and a half I was outside the southern border of the Silver Dawn pack. I passed the border control and headed towards the pack house where Alexander's office was. I parked my car to the parking lot and headed towards the pack house when a guard greeted me and offered to accompany me. Although I didn't find it necessary he strongly insisted so I let him do that. The guard informed the guards outside Alexander's office about my arrival and they immediately welcomed me and opened the door for me. I got in while my escort stayed behind.

As soon as Alexander realized my presence in the room he immediately got up and approached me.

-"Elektra. Oh Goddess how much I've missed you!" he said as he hugged me tightly while I had my hands down avoiding touching him.

He broke the hug and put his hands over my shoulders while he kept looking and smiling at me.

-"You can't imagine how much I've missed you" he said in a sad tone. I didn't tell him anything. I just kept looking at him, trying to figure out if what he was telling me was really true.

-"I told the staff to prepare your room. Everything is ready to receive you" he said excitedly while I remained silent. "I have some meetings to attend but I intend to spend the evening with you" he continued.

-"Alexander, I want to tell you something important. Please do not interrupt me until I finish"

-"What's going on?" he wondered. I took a deep breath and started saying slowly:

-"I Elektra River reject you as my mate Alexander Anderson Alpha of the Silver Dawn Pack" I said and a sharp and intense pain pierced me making me unable to stay still. Alexander immediately caught me and kept me upright.

-"Elektra talk to me please....." he said while I was feeling really dizzy. He put me on a sofa and offered me a glass of water. I took some sips but I was still feeling disoriented and sick. Maybe rejecting Alexander wasn't a good idea after all.

-"Elektra how are you? How do you feel?" he asked in concern. Instead of asking for explanations or accusing me he stood beside me taking care of me. He also seemed unaffected by the rejection while I felt awful. My stomach was a mess, my head was spinning and I felt like I was dying. What was happening to me? It was then that darkness overwhelmed me.

Alexander's pov:

After Elektra's phone call I couldn't hide my joy at seeing her again. I have missed her so much. I quickly organized a romantic dinner and made all the arrangements, so the remaining two days will be free for me. This time I had no intention of letting her go so easily. I didn't know what's bothering her, but I was sure that spending some time together would make things better. When she's ready to open up to me, I'll help her work through any issues or hesitations she has.

When the guards informed me that she was at the southern borders I wanted to go there and warmly welcome her. But soon I realized that I was being extremely childish and maybe I would bring her in an awkward position. So I decided to wait patiently in my office for her to arrive. When she walked in, I knew something was wrong. She looked tired and it was obvious that something was bothering her. Her appearance, though neat, reflected something unsettling. However, I didn't let my instincts get the better of me and preferred to tell her how much I missed her. That's when she started to say the words of rejection slowly making me freeze in my spot. Before I could absorb and understand what was happening, Elektra was about to faint. With a quick move I managed to catch her in time before she fell down.