Chapter 3 - Scared

Archana walked downstairs whilst carrying a medium sized suitcase. She wore white long jeans and red blouse. A sunglasses stood on her head while she let her hair loose through her shoulder. She found Priya who just came out of her room with a similar belonging. Priya was in navy jeans and black shirt, her hair formed a ponytail. They gathered in the living room.

"Is Mum still in her room?" Archana asked.

"I think so," Priya responded, took a glance on Parvati's room which the door was still closed.

"Didi, are you sure we are taking the flight?" Priya became a bit worried.

Archana knew what was Priya intention by asking that question, but she nodded certainly. "Why not?" she said. She went to the main door and called for a driver to take their belongings.

Priya froze there, kept staring at Parvati's room which was not opened. Her worries became stronger. "This is not Mum's thing to need such a long time to get ready. I better check on her," she thought.

When she took her steps, the door was suddenly opened. She found Parvati came out with the similar things like her daughter's brought, a medium sized suitcase. She wore a black suit with the white line. She didn't leave her sunglasses and use it to cover her eyes. Her firm jawline was a bit covered by a scarf which coiled on her neck. Although she was almost totally covered, Priya could see her mother was not ready for the flight.

"Mum," Priya greeted. "Are you okay?"

Parvati smiled, "Ya, I'm okay."

Hearing the answer which didn't look like the truth, Priya sighed. "Mum, if you don't feel good, I'll persuade her to cancel the plan and change the transportation mode," she said, stroking Parvati's shoulder.

The mother of the two felt worried, indeed, but she shook her head and gave her best smile. She didn't want to ruin the plan created by her daughters. Moreover, the flight would just take some times. She would not be on the plane for the whole twenty four hours. Priya kept staring at her mother till Parvati needed to convince her youngest one.

"You know about this, Priya. Your sister knows about this as well. You guys must have discussed about this before agreed that we will have trip by plane. So, let it be. I'll just enjoying your plan. It's fine, don't worry," said Parvati as she's stroking Priya's right cheek.

Seconds later, Archana came and found that view in front of Parvati's room.

"Wow, what happened? Priya cried for her lover?" she mocked.

Parvati was surprised. "My little Priya has a boyfriend?"

Priya turned to face Archana, "What did you say? I will not take the step before you, you know that, right, huh?"

"Ya ya up to you. Okay, Mum, let me. We need to go now," Archana said whilst walking closer to her mother and Priya. She took the suitcase handle from Parvati's hand and went out of the house. Priya walked side by side with Parvati, behind Archana's hurried steps.

***

On the flight, they didn't talk much. Archana focused on a book she brought and occassionally took glances to the clouds outside. Priya closed her eyes while her headphone was stick up on her ears, didn't have any idea what she was listening to. While Parvati tried to calm herself by reading random magazine.

Slowly, Archana held Parvati's hand. It was cold. That's what she felt. She held it tightly. Both of them turned and smiled to each other. Parvati knew that her daughter was try to make sure, so she nodded as a sign that she's fine. At least, she has two daughters on her sides. Archana inhaled and exhaled, she blinked her eyes whilst release her grip from Parvati's. She grabbed her focus back to the lines on the white-blue covered book.

Once they arrived at the destination airport, they grabbed their belongings and walked to the exit. One of the people in the crowd seemed raising a white paper which was written Ms. Archana Kapur. Archana told Parvati and Priya. They walked faster to the particular person.

"Good afternoon, Parvati Ma'am, Miss Archana, and Miss Priya," a tall young man greeted them with his mesmerizing smile, he was their driver as long as they were in Shimla.

"Good afternoon, Sameer. Are you all alone?" Archana responded. Meanwhile Parvati and Priya just nodded and smiled back to him.

"Haan ji. People are checking for the bunglow and make sure everything is ready as per your instruction," Sameer replied.

Archana giggled. "I was asking for your help, not giving you an order, Sam," she grinned. "Okay, let's go. Please take Mum's suitcase," she continued, turned to the suitcase which stood beside Parvati.

"Alright," Sameer humbly responded before he guided her to the car. He drove carefully on the Shimla highway.

It was around an hour later, they arrived at a quite huge sized natural brownish bunglow with a spacious field. The sisters agreed to spend a whole week, so they could go to this place with their mother. Several employees welcomed them. Three men brought the suitcases down of the car trunk and took them inside, followed by the three women.

"Didi, which one is my room?" Priya asked. She looked tired after going through a quite long journey. She just wanted to sleep and lay down on the fluffy bed.

"Sleepy head. We are just arrived, and you immediately asked about your room," Archana mocked.

"Ah fine, whichever mine is," Priya spoke, was upset, and walked lazily to one room.

"Hey, that one is Mum's. Yours is in the left one," said Archana whilst giggling around. Parvati was giggling along with her eldest. Without giving any responses, Priya turned her steps to the left, to the room that was mentioned.

"Then, I will also take some rest. What's your plan next?" Parvati asked whilst grabbing her suitcase handle and getting ready to go to her room.

Archana seemed thinking for a while, took a look at the watch which encircled her left wrist, "Hmm, it's just 3 pm. Do you want to have some tea this evening?"

"Of course, if you say so," Parvati replied. Archana sighed and led her mother to the room.

"Mum, I'm sorry for taking you on vacation by plane," she said when she stopped in front of the door. "I don't want you to be stuck on your worries since that accident. I know, I might take a wrong decision and it's not that easy to erase the trauma and fright. But, with this little wrong step, I hope it helps you to release your scare," she continued and grinned.

Parvati smiled to her daughter, fixed Archana's hair which was not messy at all and she stroked Archana's cheek tenderly. "You don't need to apologise, Archana. I think, I suppose to apologise to you and Priya because I made you guys worried. It's not easy to block the trauma and fright. But this will be gone by time. Obviously, with your help and support. Thank you for your efforts and for all of this, Archana."

"Alright, then, we need to have more holidays, Mum. We have other destination list that needs to be visited by plane," Archana laughed and hugged Parvati tightly. "I love you," she continued before pulled herself back.

"I love you more," Parvati replied. "Now, you need to rest as well. You must be tired, right?" They released their hugs and smiled.