Epilogue

Lots of boisterous sounds of Indian music echoed in the Kapur family residence. The closest family and friends presented in colorful clothes as they were scattered on various sides in the backyard. Various types of flowers are also seen adorning every point from the gate to the alleys and courtyards that have been lined with gold and red tents. The sky was clear and cloudy without the scorching sun, making the atmosphere even more serene.

Archana silently stares at the mirror in front of her. The makeup on her face didn't make her look foreign. No need to add lines of emphasis on the jaw and nose. There is no thick kajal under her eyes. A beautiful red gold lehenga wrapped around her body. Every now and then she glanced at the picture frame that stood on her dresser, her picture with Parvati.

"Mum, I'm at this point right now. I'm getting married," she whispered.

Not long after, Priya came with a medium sized box. Followed by Lata who was smiling happily on this special day.

"Mama, look. This woman is finally getting married, after thinking she didn't want to marry," Priya taunted as they stopped behind Archana.

Lata was surprised. "Have you ever thought that, Archana?"

The bride got up and turned around. "It was back then."

Lata touched Archana's cheek gently. "Everything will be fine, if you try to make it work," she said. Archana smiled hearing that words.

"Oh, this is the bracelet that Parvati wore when she married Arvind. Arvind said Parvati once ordered to give it to you on your wedding day," Lata continued while helping Priya open the box. Archana was stunned. Her eyes glazed over a little.

"You want to wear it?" asked Lata.

"Do you want to put it on my hand?"

"Of course! Why not?" Lata took the bracelets one by one and put them on Archana's wrists. A gold bracelet with gems and a hint of red on the side wrapped beautifully around her wrists.

Tok tok! Klek.

Nisha came with a sweet smile on her face. "Mama, the groom's entourage has arrived. You better be there immediately. Let me and Priya Didi accompany the queen," she said, which was greeted with smiles from the three women in front of her.

"Accha? Alright, I'll be right there," answered Lata straightforwardly. "Enjoy your happy day, Archana," she continued as she gently caressed Archana's cheek and hurriedly left her daughters in the room.

The sound of music is getting louder in Archana's residence. The groom's and his relatives seemed to have arrived at the backyard, where they would be holding the main ceremony. Priya peeked through Archana's bedroom window.

"How much longer will you take to meet your groom?" Priya asked.

"Look, Nisha. She keeps taunting me, even when I'm getting married," Archana told Nisha that she felt annoyed.

Nisha chuckled. "But, she's right, Di." They giggled.

***

The red mandap and gold ornaments stood tall on one side of the garden. The sound of music continued to echo along with the steps of the woman who that day became a queen. Accompanied by Priya and Nisha, Archana stepped towards the mandap gracefully. A man in the white suits, complete with various accessories, was seen sitting cross-legged on the mandap. He turned his head slightly towards the direction of the bride. His eyes looked teary. Couldn't help it, he adores Archana deeply.

"Shhh, Bhaiyya," said Radha as she gently nudged Aman. She chuckled at the behavior of her brother who was about to let go of his singlehood, especially the woman he was going to marry is Radha's best friend, the person who could fall in love with Aman just by looking at his photo.