Chapter 23 - Wishy Washy

"Bhaiyya," said Radha when she saw Aman busy himself watering the orchids in the backyard. "Showering love to the flowers but letting yours run away," she continued. Aman ignored Radha's words. He kept his mouth shut tightly while spilling water droplets on his plants.

"You asked me to arrange the meeting for you and her, but you asked her to leave," said Radha. Her words disturbed something inside Aman even more.

"Just straight to the point," replied Aman coldly.

"Without telling you the point, you already got it, right."

"I'm not in love with Archana," Aman reacted emphatically.

Radha smirked. "I didn't take her name." Aman stunned.

"Anyways, she's gone," she continued.

At first Aman was silent. He turned his head to look at Radha who just stared straight at the orchids in front of them.

"Is she?" asked Aman in a barely audible whisper. Radha nodded slowly.

Aman looked around the garden. A clear crystalline membrane could be seen starting to cover his eyeballs, but he tried to keep it from bursting. His gaze returned to the orchids.

"Good then," he mumbled.

Now, Radha put her gaze at Aman. "Did you just say, "good"?"

Aman nodded, while his heart wavered. "Is she really gone? What about her belief in-what? Wait, wait. Why am I questioning that? I don't believe it. Uh-hm, but her father also said, maybe Archana knows something I don't? Is it all about this? Should I believe it?" Aman's voices fought within themselves. He thought that Archana's departure would make him feel better, at least for now.

"What if one day she comes back?" Radha investigated. She knew that there was a possibility that Aman would be shaken by this, because she still remembers well, how Aman's gazes seemed so different when he looked at Archana.

Aman returned Radha's gaze. His mind kept spinning looking for various possible answers to strengthen himself and the steps he had made. Dead end. Aman just shrugged his shoulders.

"It's out of my control."

"But your reaction, is in your control. That's my point."

Aman looked at Radha deeply as if to find out who his sister was siding with. Why does that girl keep pestering him with things regarding Archana?

"I'd be happy if you could accept each other, again," said Radha while blinking slowly after feeling quite tired of colliding with her brother.

Aman sighed heavily. "It seems, you really want me to be with her? What if we weren't made for each other?"

Radha rolled her eyes and cleared her throat softly. "No one knows certainly about it. But I believe, God's plan is the best."

"Moreover, things won't turn out good, much less good, if you keep denying the truth. Not one truth, but another truth. A truth that only you know and feel. Even so, you know, I will always be with you, no matter what happens, whatever decisions you make in your life, and wherever God's destiny takes you," the sister continued.

Aman nodded faintly. Sometimes, he felt that his sister was much more mature than himself. His Choti Rani knew how to act and say, even that girl also knew how to be the greatest detective in investigating all the intricacies of his soul.

"We'll see," Aman whispered. "Anyway, don't keep bothering me. Find someone for yourself."

"Not until I make sure that the person who will accompany you is a proper person. What's more, I don't want to step before you, you know, Big Brother."

***

Ending up deciding to stay away from Aman, was not an easy thing for Archana. However, she knew there was no turning back. She had told her decision to Radha and Priya. She didn't want her relationship with Priya to be broken like Priya's threat to her. She has nothing but Priya. Even so, the thought and belief in what she found when her eyes fell on Aman's remained within her. She would somehow prove that, to Aman, to Priya, and to herself.

Her wits didn't let her go through the day just sitting around and completely drifting away from Aman. She occasionally checked on Aman's condition through Radha. Her friend was the only access to know about Aman, while Radha, who was happily involved, occasionally mocked Archana, because her friend has stated to leave Aman's life but in fact she is not. According to Radha, this is the first time Archana seems wishy-washy.