Chapter 6 - An Old Friend

Archana's duty at the school was quite exhausting. Before she left her room, Archana called Parvati, asking whether she and Priya were still in the office or already get home. Then, Archana left her room and walked to the spot where she parked her beloved dark blue Audi. She drove carefully on the road before she stopped the car in front of the coffee shop.

Archana stepped out of the car and went in to the coffee shop. The workers welcomed her humbly. She immediately went to the counter and placed her order, three large sized coffee and some pieces of pastry. After getting done her transaction, she went back to her car. But, all of sudden, a familiar voice shouted for her name. Archana turned back and found a long-haired woman, a bit curly, with a pretty soft-purple long dress, smiled to her.

"Radha?!" said Archana excitedly, followed by her smile as well.

"Ah, you still remember me," said the woman who was named Radha. They hugged each other and had cheek-kisses.

Archana shrugged and raised her eyebrows, "Of course I do. We were in the same class. I thought you live in Finland."

"I lived there since the last few years. But now, I decided to come back here. I was just arrived a week ago," Radha responded. "It's been a long time. I missed to talk about many things with you. Do you have time now? We could talk for a while in this cafe, no need to go anywhere else," she continued.

Archana sighed softly. "Me too! But, Radha, I'm so sorry, I don't have time now. I promise to meet my mother and sister in the office. They asked me to buy this," Archana replied as she lifted up her shopping package, showing it to Radha.

"Oh, it's okay, no problem. Next time maybe. But, hmm, may I have your number?" Radha asked, grabbed her phone out of her bag. Her question was welcomed by a little humming from Archana before she started to mention the line of her number.

"Alright, I'll call you. Thank you, Archana! Send my regards to Aunty and Priya," ujar Radha sebelum Archana memasuki mobilnya.

"Obviously. I'm going," Archana said, got hand-waves from Radha.

Radha went in to the coffee shop after Archana's car was gone from her sight. Archana drove her car to the office. Suddenly, she turned aside and seemed typing on her phone screen. She was silent for a few minutes, before she took around and returned to the coffee shop. After a while she arrived in front of the coffee shop, Radha seemed walk to the door. Archana pressed the button in her car, so the window went down and she shouted Radha's name.

"Archana, is something left?" Radha asked. Archana gazed at Radha's light-brown eyes deeply. Super innocent, she didn't know at all about the bad thing she might have to face later.

"Hmm, nothing. Just... Radha, is someone accompanying you here?" Archana said with her try-to-be-fine voice, so it covered the worries.

"No. I didn't take my car as well, because it's been a while not to walk alone around the street," Radha replied.

"Do you wanna go home directly?"

"Yup, why?"

"Come on, I'll dop you home," Archana offered.

"Ah, it's doesn't need tho. Don't you have to meet your mother and sister?" Radha rejected gently. True. That's what she told Radha few minutes ago. However, she couldn't let Radha being alone. At least, she tried to avoid that thing not to happen.

"Ya, but I've texted Priya, I'm a bit late. Don't you want to talk more to me? Let's do that whilst driving through the highway of the city to your house," Archana convinced. She knew, something bad might be happen to her best friend if she went home alone. Archana had has to make sure Radha arrived home safely. The woman who had the same age as hers was blessed to be the softest person. They were in the same class when they studied at one of the top universities in one of the best-educated countries in Europe. For Archana, Radha was like her own sister.

"Fine, if you insist and don't mind about it," finally Radha accepted the offer whilst smiling. Archana smiled with relief. "I hope we are safe, Radha," she whispered in the lowest tone.

On their way to Radha's house, they talked a lot. While Radha guided Archana the direction which was listened carefully by Archana, they exchanged stories about their current lives and recalled some memories when they were in university.

"Do you remember, Archana? You liked my brother," Radha said, nudged Archana's arm. "Tho I was just showing you his photo," she added.

"What? Really?" Archana screamed, didn't believe in what she just heard.

"What's the purpose if I was lying? Hahaha. Unfortunately, you haven't meet him yet, because at that time, he attended his medical study in USA," said Radha. Her gaze straightly on the road. "Or maybe, you have met him when I was not here?"

Archana laughed as Radha did. "Radha, there are so many people I've met here. How could I know one of them is your brother, huh?"

"Ah, you're right," Radha responded. She took a look to her watch. 4 pm o'clock. "He must be on duty. We turn to the right," she continued.

Archana lowered the speed of the car and turned the steering wheel according to Radha's direction. "Who?" she asked.

"My brother, who else? If he is at home, I will invite you to meet him. Oh, stop right there, on the left, there is a red mailbox," said Radha. Archana just chuckled softly and pulled the car over in front of a fairly large house with a high black fence. There was a small post behind the big gate and several security guards were seen standing guard there.

"Thanks for the ride, Archana. See you later," said Radha as she packed up her things and kissed Archana on the cheek before getting out of the car. "Be careful, okay?" she shouted, waving her hand at Archana who was getting ready to drive her car to where she was going before. Archana replied with a smile, then darted away.

"Thank God," Archana mumbled.