Chapter 22 - Abate

"Don't you want to talk to me?" said Archana as she smiled and giggled.

"Alright. I'll be there. Don't move before I'm arrived."

"Bye."

***

"Priya," Archana called while knocking on Priya's office door in her office. But there was no answer from inside and the door didn't open either. Not long after, an employee approached her and told that Priya was in the meeting room to discuss a project that was about to be done and left a message that Archana was asked to wait in her office when she arrived. Archana just nodded hearing the information and rushed into Priya's room according to the message she gave to her employees.

Archana put her bag on the sofa and stepped towards the big window. Priya's office is on the 9th floor, high enough to reach the sides view of Mumbai. The sky was a little cloudy but the twilight still faithfully accompanies the earth. Maybe, in a few moments it will be replaced by moonlight or even cloud fog that shed raindrops.

Klek!

Archana turned her body after hearing the sound of the door opening. She saw Priya returning to her room after attending the meeting earlier.

"It's finished?" Archana knew that's a pretty stupid question. If it's not finished, how could Priya go back to her room. However, it was not mere nonsense. She wouldn't let her communication with Priya to be cut off, as they only had each other at the moment.

Priya nodded in response. She sat in her chair and leaned back with a sigh.

"Why? Seems like you had a really hard day?" asked Archana, stepping closer to Priya and sitting in the chair opposite her and limited by the desk. Her hand rested on her chin and her eyes were focused on her sister.

"No. I'm just tired," Priya replied nonchalantly.

Archana got up and stepped over to the small table at the side of the room. She poured a glass of water and gave it to Priya. The girl took more than half a glass of water Archana gave her before thanking her sister.

"I've decided that I will stay away from Aman," Archana said suddenly. She thought Priya should have known this first. However, because Radha had invited her to meet and talk about this, her best friend was the first one to know. Priya was shocked. She didn't expect her sister to actually make that decision.

Priya smiled a little. "For real?"

Archana smiled back and nodded. "I have also told Radha." Instantly, Priya's brow furrowed.

"Did you? For what?"

"She asked me to meet and we talked about this, because she asked something that was bothering her," explained Archana. Priya was just silent and trying to understand and not continue to ask about it again.

"You know, Priya. This was not an easy decision and I managed to make this decision, because of you," Archana said to Priya's nod.

"I know, Didi. Sorry, for putting you in a difficult position," Priya said as she grabbed Archana's hand and held it.

Archana sighed softly. "I'm used to it."

"But, may I ask you something?" she continued.

"Say it. I'll do it for you," Priya replied.

"You. Haven't heard what I asked for, you have agreed. Just watch out if you take your words back," sneered Archana, chuckling.

Priya rolled her eyes and chuckled softly. "Say it quickly."

"Please try to forgive Aman. Ya?"

Archana's request left Priya stunned. Her mind said there was no harm in trying. After all, she should have made peace with the past. Actually, in her mind, Priya understood that it was quite a tough decision because it was taken through quite difficult considerations. On the one hand, there is herself as Archana's sister who has a fear of losing again. On the other hand, there is Aman, who based on Archana's story at that time, it seemed that the man really needs Archana.

"Please..."

Priya looked at Archana's face which she had never seen before. Archana who put her hopes so high in Priya to be able to forgive Aman.

Priya smiled and nodded softly. "Fine, I'll try. For you."

Archana was so happy to hear that. Her beautiful smile returned to her face. She immediately got up and jogged to Priya's place and hugged her.

"Thank you!" she shouted.

Priya stroked Archana's arm that was wrapped around her shoulder while laughing a little.

"Didi, let's celebrate this. I'm bored of eating at home. Treat on me. Count it as my another apology for putting you in such difficult situation," Priya said, ended the warmth between them in the cold room.