Chapter 26

FINN

"Well, well, well. Who do we have here?" I hear a low voice behind us as we walk to the gym. I turn around, recognizing the voice and see Felix stand behind me.

"Felix." I grin and take in his grey hair. "You look old." The last time I've seen him was when I still lived here with my mom. "So you're still alive."

I feel Emma take a step back, like she's afraid of something. I assume it's because of the scar covering his face. I barely see it anymore after years of working for him, but he looks kind of intimidating to others I suppose. I take a small step aside and lay my hand on Emma's lower back. She looks like her heart is pounding out of her chest.

"Oh don't sound so disappointed that I'm still alive. I might think you want to get rid of me." He says smirking.

We both laugh.

He looks me up and down. "Look at you, huh, how long has it been? 4 years? How's your brother?"

"He's good. Staying out of trouble. And you, how is business?"

"Still bloody." He replies and I feel Emma tense against my hand so I softly stroke my thumb to reassure her it's okay. I know Felix doesn't care if people know what he does. He's too smart to get caught or leave evidence anyway. "The offer still stands, you know. I'd love to have you back on my team."

"I appreciate that, but I'm starting for myself next year. I'm here to check out some new premises."

"Really? You-" He says, but he gets caught off by the ringing of his phone. "I have to take this. Come see me before you go back to London."

"Will do."

"Finn," He nods and looks at Emma, "Lady." I look at her just in time to see her nod shyly and then avert her eyes. A small smile tucks at the corner of my mouth when he picks up his phone and walks away. She looks like she can finally breathe again.

"Breathe, darling." I say, not letting her go just yet.
She looks up at me with red cheeks, making my cock twitch from desire.

After walking in silence for a while, she asks "Does Andras live in London too?" Her eyebrows knit together. I know she's trying to understand what happened in my life and the reason behind my sudden move away from her.

It will be a lot easier if she knows who I really am... What I am and what I do, but it's too early to tell her. She's still getting used to my presence, trying to wrap her head around the fact that I'm back in her life again.

"He does." I smile down at her. "Want to visit him when we're back?"

"At his house?" She asks.

"I think you'd like it better if we visit him at his work."

"Where does he work?"

"Killer Parcours."

"He works there too?" She asks in surprise.

"He's the owner." I grin when her jaw drops.

"ANDRAS is the OWNER?" She forgets to walk from surprise and looks up at me.

"Are you a fan, darling?" I ask.

"I've been wanting to go see a race there in forever." She tells me with a lovely smile on her perfect face. She licks her lips and my eyes dart to the movement, making me wonder what it would feel like to kiss her.

"So why didn't you?" I ask her to distract myself from getting a hard-on.

She looks away embarrassed and slowly starts walking again. "I don't have anyone to go with."