Chapter 44

EMMA

"Are you sure?" Finn asks me when he holds open the car door for me.

I take his hand and get out. My gaze darts to his tuxedo shirt that he ripped apart and feel heat rise to my abdomen, thinking about how we fucked in the car not even half an hour ago. I look up at him and smile, pushing the thoughts away. I can get a lot more of that now that we're together.

"Go. I'll be fine." I say, knowing that he can't wait to take care of business right now. His bodyguards have called him five minutes ago that the man we now have captive has woken up.

I still don't know his name, but Finn says it's better not to know more than necessary so I don't ask. Does it make me insane that I helped him? I'm still not sure, but what I do know is that my body is filled up with delight when I think about Finn's dark side. It wakes up mine and it somehow feels like I'm finally getting out of the cage Vincent put me in over the years.

"Do me a favour." Finn says.

"Anything."

He cups my face in one hand and leans into me until we breathe the same air. "Be a good girl and sleep in my bed tonight. Naked. I want to wake you up with my head between your legs, licking your sweet perfect cunt." He says in a low voice.

I stare at him with flushed cheeks, not able to say a word. Seeing my reaction he grins and lets go of my face, leaving me mesmerised by him. He walks back to the other side of the car and opens the door. "I'll be back in an hour, darling." He says and then gets in.

When I finally come back to my senses, I turn around and walk to his front door, opening it. I look back at him once more, although I can't see him through the blinded windows of his car I still smile.

He waits until I'm inside his house and then drives off to MMR.

I expect the keypad of the alarm to beep when I close the door, but it's already green, meaning I don't have to type in the code. I'm assuming Finn already turned it off on demand, considering he has some high tech security in his home.

While I walk through the house on my way to the kitchen, I turn on all the lights. I take a glass from the cupboard and fill it up with water, like Finn ordered me to. He said drinking water after alcohol will help prevent a headache in the morning. So I will.

"Looking fancy."

Almost dropping the glass, I turn around and see someone sit on the couch. Fear wraps around me like a warm blanket on a hot day, suffocating me.

"Vincent." I breathe.

"Hey babe." He shows a perfect row of white teeth in the form of a sweet smile and stands up, slowly walking my way. I take a step back, but hit the kitchen counter.

"What are you doing here?" I choke out.

He comes to stand before me and moves his hand to my face, stroking my cheek with his knuckles. "I missed you." He whispers before pressing a kiss on my temple.

His scent makes me nauseous and his touch feels even worse. His suit, his stubble, his blonde locks up to the rings on his fingers, everything about him is sickening.

His hand moves to my jawline and I take my head back to get away from his touch. "Don't touch me."

"So hostile." He sighs, but doesn't back away.