Chapter 27

EMMA

When Finn finally moves back behind the punching bag, the tension in my body ebbs away and for the next hour. He teaches me all kinds of techniques for punching the bag and stirs me up so I hit harder, adrenaline rushing through my veins. He knows how to get my biggest frustrations out. He reminds me of my biggest irritations and of the people I'm angry with. Strangely enough, only Vincent comes to mind. I imagine the punching bag is his face while Finn holds the bag in place.

This feels so fucking good! I shamelessly hit the punching bag. Images of Vincent and the woman on his desk flash before my eyes until I've knocked all the anger out of my tired body and I lean wearily on my knees.

"My body is shaking, I can't anymore." I gasp out of breath.

"Never knew I could make a woman's legs shake without even touching her." He muses. He grins at me from behind the boxing bag.

"Shut up." I laugh while taking off the gloves.

"Excuse me?"

"You're a prick." I say, but regret my choice of words when he comes out from behind the bag and walks towards me.

"Want to say that again, darling?" He asks with a wicked grin on his gorgeous face.

"No, please." I laugh nervously and walk back with my hands up in surrender.

"Apologise." He warns me with a smirk on his face.
When my back hits the mirror on the wall, he still comes at me and the boxing room gets filled up with my laughter. I feel like a little kid that is getting chased up the stairs.

"I'm sorry!" I laugh.

I feel no shame at all that people in the gym might hear us through the walls, and for the first time in my life I'm not afraid that anyone will notice me. I feel too safe in Finn's presence to worry about anything right now.

He moves closer and I try to push him away, but he grabs my wrists, pinning my hands above my head. My breath gets stuck in my suddenly dry throat.

"I can't hear you, darling." He says in a low voice.

Suddenly I can't find my voice and can only stare into his eyes. "I'm sorry." I say almost inaudibly.

He smirks and our lips almost touch at how close his face is. "Good girl." He says while his scent surrounds me like a warm blanket on a cold night.
I try to hide my increased heartbeat, but it's hard when he's this close to me. I can feel our chests pressing against each other as our breaths adjust and when he moves his free hand to my waist, I close my eyes. Imagining what it would feel like if he moved his hand lower.

"Look at you, you are like jelly in my hands. You want me to touch you, don't you, darling?" He whispers.

Suddenly my mind is filled with so many thoughts. Because I do want him to touch me. I do want to feel his lips on mine and I do want him to fuck me against this wall. I feel so many things Vincent never made me feel and... "Finn..." I say softly. I don't know if it's a plea for him to go on or to stop.

It feels like I have an angel and a devil whispering in my ears. One telling me that I have Vincent and the other laughs at that statement, showing me all the images of him with other women. It makes me realise he never was mine. I was only his, and I'm done being his puppet.

"I know, darling, just friends." He says, moving his hand lower. "Let me take care of you, to show you what a good friend I am." He hooks two fingers around the fabric of my leggings and stays there letting me know I have a choice. It always is about what I want with Finn. He never pushed me to do anything and that turns me on even more. So I nod, our surroundings forgotten.