Chapter 40

EMMA

"Weekend!" Sem shouts. She grabs two shots, one for herself and giving me the other one. Bjorn and Stefan do the same as we sit at a small table in the VIP section.

It feels kind of weird to sit between businessmen that look like they put a lot of money on the table for these races, but Sem told me that sitting in the VIP section is a privilege we earned as employees.

"The boss is good at taking care of his staff." She said, although she didn't mean it in a weird way, I still laughed at it. I bet he is.

"Since the boss is paying," Bjorn says while he raises his glass "On getting drunk!" We all take our shots and the burning liquid shoots down my throat, leaving behind a sharp edge, but also a sense of relief. I really needed this.

Not the alcohol, but being away with... people. I haven't done anything with anyone other than Vincent since I moved here three years ago. And even if I wanted to, I couldn't because I didn't have any friends. I think I do now.

🖤

Time flies and two hours and a lot of alcohol have passed in a blink of an eye. I'm having a good time despite the series of questions I've been getting thrown at me over the past hour. My new colleagues want to know everything about me.

"So tell me Emma, ​​what's up with your love life?" Stefan asks as he turns to me. His blue eyes twinkle through the ornamental lighting in the bar. "Are you and the boss a thing?"

"No we're not." I quickly say. "I live with my boyfriend." I lie.

I squeeze my lips into a smile.

I let my gaze wander through the bar until my eyes get caught in Finn's stare. He stands at the other end of the bar next to the lift, his arms crossed, watching me intently.

"That's a pity." I hear Stefan say, but I'm not paying attention to my colleagues anymore, my surroundings completely forgotten.

Finn lifts his chin like a challenge and I feel my lip curl up in a smile, getting a dark grin in return.

When Sem starts laughing my eyes dart to her, having difficulty remembering what we were talking about.

"You wouldn't even stand a chance with someone like Emma, ​​Stefan." She jokes, making everyone laugh. "She's way too pretty for you."

I look at Sem. Does she mean that?

When I look back at the other end of the bar Finn is gone and without realising it I stand up.

"Where are you going?" Sem asks.

I look down at her. "Restroom." I say and throw back another shot before I walk away. I don't have a clue where it is though and find myself walking to the lift, back to where our work space is. My feet move to the end of the hallway, where Finn's office door is closed. I don't knock as I walk in, stupidly drunk, but he isn't here and the room is dark. I close the door behind me and walk towards his desk.

Dragging my finger over the wood while I walk past it slowly; I think back at what he said to me, Thursday, a week ago. "If you call me boss again, I won't stop myself from bending you over this desk, darling." I smile at the thought and sit on his desk, facing the door.

I look around to check for cameras, because, well you never know. Or I'm just paranoid... But when I find none I put my hand on my upper leg. Tracing my bare skin, moving my dress up until my hand reaches the warmth between my thighs. I can feel how wet I am through my panties and put a little pressure on it.