Chapter 8

Maybe I would live. The novel I always hated, is finally starting to haunts me. Yep, I hated that novel. The novel is pretty stupid, the female lead is ugggh...there's supposed to be something about her but the author never tells us and the most important thing...there's a second book. Why I never read that, because the decided not to write the second book!

It's been one week and I heard that the Duke has been searching far and wide for someone to adopt. I also heard about some rumors, the duke never cared about his daughter, she's been disowned that's why he's been searching for someone. I mean, it's not a rumor if that's the truth right?

Why would he even work so hard, just to find someone to adopt? Why he do that? And who the hell is that guy that a powerful and terrifying duke would listen? That guy. I need to know who that guy is.

"Is it true?" I asked my maid. Her name is Lanie, she's pretty nice to me. I am starting to like her but according to the novel, she's that girl's loyal maid.

"What do you mean, Princess?" She asked me.

"Nothing," I said. Maybe, she didn't know or maybe she didn't want to say it to me.

"Princess, the duke is looking for you." I sighed. This is it.

"You called me?" I asked him. I happened to see him outside of his office.

"I want you to meet someone," he said. I tried to peek at the office door and there was a young girl with a black hair. That's the girl.

"You're going to adopt someone? Why are you adopting someone when you already have a daughter? Why do need a daughter when I'm here?" I asked him.

"Do you really hate me that much? Why did let me live in this place, if you hate me this much. Just say you wanted me to die and disappear at your sight. You hated me so much that you preferred to adopt someone. Then adopt her and you live happily like you always meant to be. You probably already name her, while I don't even have one! If you hate me so much then I hated you too!" I continued. I pushed him but obviously he's too strong but it's enough, so I can ran away.

"Wait!" I heard him say but I keep running. These small feet, I hated it.

Then it suddey started raining. It was probably the heavens who hated me. How can they do this to me?!

I need to continue running, if I stop they will immediately find me since I am still at the estate. I waited for this day to come. I don't want to live in a place where I was treated like a crap by my own father, while the other one is love. They can love each other, all they want.

"Ugh. My life sucks," I said as I currently crawling in the dirt. I used to enjoy this when I was a child back then. I should just pretend that everything is going to be okay.

After some time. I felt a little bit of relief when I realized I am out of the estate. I started walking away from that estate.

"Goodbye," I said before running away.