Chapter 15

"Did you sleep well?" The duke asked as I entered the dining room. He smiled at me, everyone's eyes widened and I am guessing that includes mine.

"Y-Yes!" I answered. Erian didn't visit me again in my dreams, maybe she got tired of haunting me.

"That's great. We're going somewhere today."

The Duke will go somewhere with me? I wonder where, he's not that type of person to go around somewhere for fun.

Turns out he wanted us to go outside. So we went outside the town. This is my first time here...ugh, I mean without hiding and running.

"Where do you want to go?" He asked.

"I don't know," I answered. When I ran away, the only thing I did was to hide, that's why I never got a chance to at least enjoy the town.

"Let's buy something," he suggested.

"Okay!" I said happily. It's his money anyway, and I am only here to enjoy the luxuries.

"Then, what did I say to you? You need to call me what?" He asked. Ugh, this guy. He's treating me like a child, I mean...I am. When will I grow up?

"I called you Daddy!" I said trying not to cringe. This is my own doing. I did this.

"That's right. I'll buy you what you want," he said.

"Thank you!" I said.

He ended up buying a lot. I mean a lot, that we need to go home because  all the vendors wanted us to buy their goods. But it was fun. I enjoyed every bits of it.

"Thank you again!" I said.

When we came back someone is waiting for him. It's that child again, with that girl!

What the hell?!

What's wrong with those two, he's really suspicous and I don't like him. There's something wrong with him. Maybe he's the villain of the story.

Who's the Villain again? Why I couldn't remember it?

"What are you doing here?" The duke asked. That tone of his voice terrified me.

"I just wanted to talk you about something," he said smiling.

"Is this about job Daddy?" I asked the duke.

"I am not sure," the duke said as he looked at the guy.

"Well, not really—"

"Then we don't need to talk. You should go home," the duke said. He's terrifying.

"B-But duke." It was the girl who spoke. The duke glared at her and it's obvious that it terrified her.

"I'm with my daughter. I don't want to waste my time here. You two should go home," the duke said.

In the end they went home. I wonder what they wanted to talk about.

"Daddy next time they came here, I wanted to know what they wanted to talk about," I requested.

"Sure."

The Duke smiled at me.