Chapter 18

Impossible. Having no magic inside me is impossible. Rederick said that I really don't have one. Which is suspicious, because no magician test me.

How did they know that the adopted daughter have power anyway? How come I forget about it. Every household have magician right? Especially here in the duchy.

There should be a magician here. Someone inside the estate. I just don't know where. I am still not familiar here, this estate is so big. I never got a chance to stroll because of my studies.

"I need to learn magic!" I insisted but Rederick didn't want to listen.

"You don't have mana. Do you know what that is?" He asked.

"Why? I am your daughter, that's what you said!"

"You are my daughter," he said.

One of the reasons why his adopted daughter is easily accepted was because of her incredible power. That's why, I've been thinking that it is impossible for me to be this weak.

"I should go," I said pouting. I heard him talk but I didn't look back. Wow, I really acting like a child.

Reyana. You should be a powerful something. Just like your father or mother, you shouldn't be a weakass kid. I need to learn how to fight too!

Yeah. Like some OP protagonist, but if I am going to be the protagonist it means that someone will come and save me right? Just like those female leads, but I don't want to be like that.

Anyway. I should explore the whole estate, this is going to be mine and I need to know everything about it.

Then suddenly it occured to me. The place where I used to live. I wonder what happened to it? It's inside the estate too, maybe I visit it and everyone. I wanted to see them.

Before that, I need to lose those people following me. I know it's for my sake but it's annoying.

"Ummm. Can you help me look for a book," I asked the knights and maid following me.

"Of course," they answered We ended up in the library. After telling them the title of the book, I slowly closed the door and locked them up.

I run immediately. I still remember the path where that place is. I am sure it's easy for me, just one look then I am going back home.

I keep panting as I walk. This body is still weak? My hope of being a strong female lead, most probably only in my dreams.

Where is that mansion?

Som hours have passed. Because that's how it felt. I ended up in front of a burned mansion.

That's weird because it looked like the place where I live and I am sure that I walked in the right direction.

"Why is it burned?" I muttered. I decided to entered the mansion. Obviously there's no one inside.

What happened here? This must be the place where I grew up,because everything is familiar. Although, most of them were burned.

It must be dangerous for a kid to wander around a burned mansion but my feet won't stop moving.

I didn't feel anything to be honest. I am just curious about this place and now I know what happened. This probably the last time I will go to this place.

How about the people here? Are they dead? Do I feel bad about them?

Do they feel bad whenever they hurt me?

The mansion was big and I am guessing it took me hours before I decided to go outside.

It's already dark outside. See? I knew that I am inside wandering for hours, it sucks to be a kid and it's great to be an adult. If was a real kid, I will probably cried because of the dark or just by seeing the burned mansion.

"Reyana!" I heard Rederick's voice. I saw him running towards me with a worried expression.

Before I even speak he hugged me tight that I can't even breath.

"I'm sorry," he whispered. Why is he apologizing?

Oh. I guess, I did an oopsie?