Chapter 17

Rederick has been staring at me for quite some time now. It's hard to understand his intention, not to mention that the novel I read is not his story but his adopted daughter.

Maybe that's the reason why I am having a hard time understanding him. Knowing the basics about him was not enough.

Yeah. I'm an idiot for not noticing but hey, I've been here trying to survive. You can't blame me.

Anyway. He immediately banned her from coming here and all the girls who wanted to marry him. See? It's easy, he's the duke for heaven's sake!

All the powerful person in the novel can do anything they want. Although most of them were evil.

"Are you happy now?" He asked me.

"Of course!" I tried to smile. He did that for me, that's what he wanted to say. I am thankful, that's why I am studying hard. But I wanted to learn some magic or anything useful than just being the duke's daughter.

All the protagonist have powers right? The female lead have one too! And it's said that her power was the most powerful of all. The perks of being the female lead. They even said she's perfect as the Duke's daughter. Kinda envious.

How about Reyana? Rederick is a powerful man. I wonder if she inherit anything. Erian too have powers. Don't tell me, Reyana's weak?

Is it because she's not an important character?! No way. I am sure that she have atleast a little bit of power.

I am too young to talk to a magician or a priest. But I have to. Maybe I should ask my father about that.

"Dad do you think I can learn magic?" I asked him.

"No." Wow. He said that with a straight face and it made me furious.

"Why?" I asked.

"Well...you were born normal."

His answer gave me hope. I was never born normal, nope, never. Anyway, did he even saw me when I was born? I didn't remember anything.

"Not really," I replied. Since this weird thing happened to me, it means that I can use magic. Yup, I am not sure about that but who knows.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"I know that I am not born normal," I answered.

My words will never be taken seriously. I am just a child after all, even of he did he would never understand what I mean anyway.

Even without him I am going to find a way in order to learn magic. I am sure that I have some mana inside me or some divine power.

"Is that what you think?" He asked me. I sighed.

"No. That's what I know," I answered. This is getting boring. I wanted to go to my room and read books.

"Why did you want to learn magic?" He asked. When would he stop asking me questions?

"Because I want to," I answered. That's one of the reasons, so technically I didn't lie.

"You're a very funny child," he laughed.

I tried to smile. Did he think of me as a clown?! He seemed to enjoy making fun of me, this is bad.