Chapter 12

What can I say about the world I am living in? Magical. After that shocking situation...I mean when he smiled. Everything went back to normal. If I can call this new life normal.

Enjoying my life as a rich heiress is not bad. Actually it is good. I started studying again, I hated it. But my teachers praised me. They said I am smart. Thanks to them, the duke always gave me rewards.

I decided to go see the duke at his office but when I entered, I saw that girl and a man. I looked at them with disgust. Forgive me. One day I woke and realized that I can be the female lead or villainess of this novel, or maybe both? Readers tend to love characters who are both good and evil.

"Reyana, what are you doing here?" The duke asked. He looked worried, he probably noticed my reactions.

"Are you busy?" I asked tilting my head. Like a cute and adorable child.

"We're just talking about you," the man happily said. Ah, that annoying bastard. He's the one who talked to my father about adoption, he sounds and look suspicious.

"Then you're not busy," I smiled at him.

"You should go," the duke said as he approached me. I almost scream when he lift me up. He's carrying me? Wow, scary.

"B-But Duke!" The man wanted to say more but the duke glared at him. He didn't have a choice but to go back with the girl. Who is still looking at me with disdain by the way. I understand how she felt but I'm sorry, I need to take what's mine and I don't have any plan to share. I am always known as a selfish person back then.

Let just say this is a payment for all the abused I receive and the trauma that still making me suffer.

"That girl seemed to hate me," I whispered.

I know the contents of the novel. Why not twist it a little, since I am alive and well. I am going to twist my plan a little bit.

After all the supposed the second book is not written. Then, let just say this is the second book and it's about Reyana's life...my life.

"I won't let her go near you," the duke said.

"Okay," I smiled at him.

We ended up in the garden. We drink tea, he asked me about my day. I did enjoy my time with, especially all the foods. I don't blame this body, she's been deprived of food for so long.

The duke knew that. I heard he's been monitoring everything about me. My food, my clothes, the servants and my mental health.

My mental health is a little...well, not good. Imagine dying and waking up as  a character in a novel you hate. Then you supposed to die at age eight, not to mention the abuse.

"Are you happy?" I was surprised when he asked that question. I looked at him and smiled.

Truth is. I am not happy. No matter what I do or what I received, I am still not happy.