Chapter 10

"Where am I?" My voice is hoarse. I woke up in a somewhat familiar room. So I am back, huh? I guess, this is it, I don't really have a choice but to stay here and accept my fate.

I tried to sit up that's when I realized that Rederick is here, he's sleeping on a chair near my bed. That's when he slowly open his eyes.

"A-Are you okay?! Are you hurt anywhere?!" He asked, he even stuttered.

"I'm fine," I answered. The next thing he did really surprised me. He hug me, so tight I almost couldn't breath.

"Don't run away again," he said.

"I can't breath," I mumbled. He let go of me.

"Do you need something?" He asked.

"Why I am here?" I asked. I have a hunch, I just wanted to confirm something.

"The guards brought you back. They found you in an alley," he answered

"I see."

I don't know what say anymore. I just fiddled my fingers. I can't even look at him comfortably.

"I am going to call the maids. After you wash up, go straight to the dining room so you can eat."

There are lots of food in the dining room when I arrive. I mean, there's a lot of food usually but I think there's a feast here.

"There's too many food. There's only two of us, where's the other one?" I frowned, Is it just me or he fliched.

"All of the food here is for you. You should sit here beside me," he said as he point out the chair near me. He didn't answer my question.

Of course, I sit and started eating. It's for me he said. I didn't forget my etiquette, I am a fast learner.

I love this life honestly. I love the food, the dresses and jewelries and I only live like this of a few months. It's a shame, this child should have experience a good life from the day she was born.

"Do you like it?" He asked. I nodded, there's no point in speaking. I instead stuffed my mouth with food.

"Eat slowly. No one is going to take it from you," he said.

"Oh boy, you are very wrong. There is one and you know it," I said while looking at the food here. There's more coming. My eyes widened when  I saw some desserts coming.

I looked at Rederick but he's just staring at me. Now, it made me uncomfortable.

"Don't you need some friends?" He asked. That's when I stopped eating.

"Why are you people deciding for me, you don't even know me. I know what I want and what I hate. Stop acting like you know what I want."

Especially that idiot who coerce you to adopt. I wonder what is that person's name. I might kill him.

"Then tell me what you want," he said. Ugh, this guy is annoying but techinically he's my Dad right.

"What would I say? I don't even have a name."

He suddenly looked grim. Is he angry? Wow, he doesn't have right to be angry.

"You have a name."

I titled my head. Am I going to learn facts form the novel?