Chapter 13

"Do you have plans to get married Duke?" I asked him. I just wanted to know. I mean, I don't want to end up like Cinderella.

"No." He said firmly. He decided to carry me as we...I mean he stroll around the garden with me.

"That's great. The Duke is loyal, it's hard to find someone like you. Just remember, I don't need a new mother. Stop listening to other people," I said smiling.

I actually do remember in the novel that this guy married another woman. That woman abuse the female lead, because, you know...drama. Anyway since I didn't die, I might end up like the female lead. What's that woman's name again? As far as I know, she's been inlove with the duke even before he met my mother Erian.

She hated Erian obviously. She's probably celebrating when my mother died.

"You don't want me to get married?" He asked.

"Of course. I don't want you to get married! I heard there were a lot of girls chasing you," I told him. According to the novel, he's that type of person who's unaware of everything. He didn't even notice that the woman he marries is a wicked. Maybe because he never care.

"Then I won't do that, not that I am planning to get married," he said.

"There's a woman who wanted to marry you," I whispered. I forgot that woman's name but I think, I can recognize her.

And she's walking towards us, right now. I don't know, she has this, I am a bitch vibe.

"Your Grace," the woman said. She have a black hair with gray eyes. She's indeed beautiful.

"She's Quina Piters, Marquis Piters only daughter," the duke said. I tried to smile at her, but I can easily saw her disdain.

"Nice to meet you Princess," she smiled at me. It looked fake.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

"I wanted to see you!" She happily said. The Duke look at me, he's probably wanted to know my reaction. I pouted and shakes my head.

I don't like this woman. Get her away from me! Understand me Duke!

"You should go. I don't want anyone to disturb me and my daughter," he ordered this woman.

"B-But Duke," she pouted. Disgusting, she's already an old woman yet she's doing that kind of thing.

"I said go," he glared at her and it made her tremble.

"Your estate didn't look safe, anyone can just enter. Aren't you afraid?" I said to the duke when the woman is finally gone.

"You're right. It needed some change," he said as hug me tight.