bold & beautiful | milo & sweetheart |

a request from @Elliott_MyBel0ved, I'm not great at writing comfort but I hope you like this anyway :))

Sweetheart laid awake in their bed and sat upright above the satin covers as Milo slept soundly beside them. The cacophony of thoughts swirling in their head served as a stark contrast to the silence surrounding theirs and Milo's room.

They hated nights like these.

Throughout the day they had managed to push those thoughts down, throwing themselves into their work, focusing on the numerous cases they received instead of the despondent thoughts plaguing their mind.

And there it is again.

Sweetheart felt their eyes flutter shut, desperate to drown out the whispers in their ears, poisoning their mind with the unpleasant thoughts that kept them up at night.

You're ugly. You're fat. You're not good enough.

The same words echoed loudly in their ears, playing over and over again as if a silent movie only they could hear, besides Milo's steady breathing.

Sweetheart felt their hands grabbing the skin of their thighs, moulding it and snarling at the sight with disgust. Tears welled in their eyes, threatening to spill over and stain their cheeks as low sobs escaped their lips. "Fuck." They mumbled through hasty breaths, eventually clasping a hand over their mouth, not wanting to wake Milo - to no avail as he stirred, eyes cracking open.

"Sweetheart, you awake?" He asked groggily, slowly sitting upward, leaning against the headboard.

"Yeah, you go back to sleep." They sniffed, not looking him in the eye.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Concern filled his voice as he instinctively moved closer to them.

"Nothing, we should just go back to sleep." They mumbled, laying back down.

"Something's wrong, I can tell."

Sweetheart sighs and turns to face their mate, biting their lip. "Sometimes I just...don't like what I see when I look in the mirror."

Milo raises his eyebrow. "The fuck do you mean?"

"I'm ugly and fat and I-

"No you're not, why would you even say that?"

"Because I am..." They sniffled, hands sinking under their clothes and grabbing their stomach. "Look at this and my thighs. I can grab them, there's something to grab everywhere..." They sobbed as if a dam had broken within them, tired of keeping all their thoughts bottled up inside.

"Yes there is and I love every part of you, every roll, every spot - everything Sweetheart."

"But I'm ugly-

"No, baby no, you're not." Milo gently takes their trembling hands in his, sitting them upwards and kissing each finger of both hands, caressing their soft skin. "I love these hands." He leans in close, warm breath tickling their skin as he trails kisses along their neck. "So perfect, so damn beautiful."

His hands release theirs, hovering over their shirt. "May I?" They nod, gasping at his touch, his fingertips tracing patterns into their stomach, pulling them closer. "So soft." He leans forward, pressing a feather-like kiss to the side of their neck. "God, I love every inch of you, you hear me?"

The corners of their lips slowly tug upward, a ghost of a smile replacing the frown previously worn on their face. Milo's heart fluttered - he preferred that expression on their face far more, his eyes lit up as a soft laugh filled the silence between them. His hands trail downward, each settling on either thigh, massaging the skin. "And these." He loved every part of them but especially their thighs. He loves caressing them, gripping them tightly, grabbing hold of them to pull Sweetheart onto his lap, the feeling of them wrapped tightly around his waist. So perfect.

"Fucking hell Sweetheart, you're a work of art, you know that? So damn beautiful, if only you could see that." His hand cups their cheek, wiping away falling tears with his thumb. "I'm gonna keep telling you that till you believe it, if you think I'm stubborn now, trust me, you ain't seen nothing yet."

Sweetheart heartily chuckles, pulling Milo back down with them, resting their head on his chest as his arms curl around them, holding them close. "I love you." He says, kissing the side of their forehead. "Every part of you, you have no idea how lucky I am to have you, my strong, amazing and stunning mate."

"I love you too...thank you, Milo...sorry for waking you up." Sweetheart's voice got quieter as they buried their head deeper into his chest.

"It's no problem, you know that. He'll, I'd stay up all damn night just to make sure you're feeling good about yourself. You deserve that. You always work so hard and I hate seeing you so drained, so you best believe I'm gonna spend all weekend looking after you."

Sweetheart momentarily lifts their head off his chest, eyes wide. "Really?"

Milo grins. "Course. Starting with breakfast in bed tomorrow."

Sweetheart smiles against his skin, happy to hear the sound of Aggro jumping onto their bed instead of the thoughts in their head.