Old scars can bleed

As they stroll deeper into the forest, Reanna falls behind. Tears block her sight as her legs wobble.

It wasn't her. It wasn't her. It wasn't her.

Pulling her legs up stumbling towards a tree and leans against it. Starring up, she tries to take a deep breath but it hitches as a whimper escapes her lips.

It's not her.

She shuts her eyes as her fingers trace over the dead tree's. Trying to find something to keep her here, away from her tailspinning thoughts.

Calm down, it wasn't her.

Her lie screams in her thoughts. Trembling hands go towards her neck, drapping her thumb against the smooth skin. Her eyes snap open,

It's not here!

She falls onto the tear soaked soil.

"IT'S NOT HERE!" Her voice croaks out, ringing through the forest.

Her fingers pick at her throat as she stares ahead.

He killed her, he killed her. Without any feeling, without an remourse.

Theo and Bellator stop walking, snapping their heads towards her. Theo's jaw drop as Bellator's clenches his. His boney fingers curl into a fist. Bugs rush towards him, eager to his flesh as tears pool in his eyes.

"We need to go back!"

Bellator snaps his head towards the tree's, just as Theo looks up at him. Hiding the red tears that steam down his skull as they scatter away, carrying the last bit of his skin.

"Go back to her and fly her to Heaven." He demands, analyzing the shaking tree's.

"What? I can't carry two souls all the way there,"

Bellator raises his scythe off his shoulder and steps forward.

"You do not need to," He glances back with blood filled eye sockets. "She called every Last Soul in the forest, we only have a few minutes until they come here,"

Theo spins around, running towards Reanna. Sliding on his knee's in front of her, he grabs her hand in his. Pulling them away from her neck.

"Dena is safe. Dena is alive. Dena is safe. Dena is alive," He chants. pleading up at Reanna with his eyes.

She stares foward, her fingers tapping against his hand.

Dena is safe. Dena is alive

"What you saw was fake. that wasn't her. It was fake, it wasn't her" His whispers, slowly rubbing his thumb across the back of her hand.

It wasn't her. It was a fake

Her shaking breathing slowly down, following the pace of Theo's thumb on her hand.

Dena is safe. She is alive

"Can you get up?"

Slowly she stands up, leaning against the tree. Theo wraps his arm around her waist and rubs her back, glancing at the falling branches.

"Everything is going to be okay," He mutters, watching a Lost Souls shift nearby.

"I have to do something," Reanna says, wiping her tears and pushing away from him.

~~~

Away from the group, Bellator saunters around the forest. His scythe tightly gripped in his hand. Reanna walks towards him, starring at the ground with tear filled eyes that fall down her face.