Stranger

Reanna reached out her arm and wraps it around his back. Standing next to him, she gives him a worried glance.

"This is nothing. I've had worse when I was alive. So don't give me that pity look,"

"You got hurt trying to get me out,"

"And I would do it again," He takes a wobbly step forward.

Why? Where we more than friends in the past?

"The perk about being dead is that pain only lasts a few minutes," He laughs.

She pats his torso than glances around. The dust was floating away, revealing a bare patch of tree's.

"Are they all going after Death?"

What kind of psychology torture are they giving him? Will he fall victim to their false faces?

"Not for long, we need to get away from his as soon as possible,"

"He's here? Where?" Her head snaps towards the tree's.

"Can't you hear him?"

With the crunch of the soil beneath their shoes, the swish of a blade echoes across the forest. Faint whispers of false people sing nearby as their bodies bang against tree's, making the whole forest shake.

He'll die alone, surrounded by them. I can't let him die like this. I can't let him become another dust pile on the ground. No one deserves this, not even him.

Reanna turns her head towards the whispers.

I want to help him, but..

"Help him and die." Theo warns, walking forward.

I need to keep my promise, I need to live.

She shuts her eyes and turns her head away from the whispers. Just as she opens her eyes, dried leaves and old bones crack nearby.

"Shit," Theo curses, freezing in place.

"Their here aren't they?" Her hand hovers over the belt carrying her gun.

"Yes," He says, reaching his hand back and grabbing his bow.

"Can you fight?"

Their eyes never leave the tree's around them.

"I have to," His wings curl behind his back, fading into his skin.

We can't fly up and we can't run. I hope I learned enough on earth to survive this.

"Theo! Darling!" A false man runs out of the tree's with a wide smile. "Did you hear that gay marriage is legal? We can finally show our love in public!" His suit jacket flows behind him as his black shoes in soil, kicking dirt on his dress pants.

Finally legal? Why does his outfit look so old? Is this the time when Theo was mortal? Has he really been dead for centuries?

Theo let's out a cold chuckles, lowering his head.

"It's cute that you act like him, but I will never fall for your tricks," He screams, running towards the false man.

As he reaches the false person he flings the string of his bow forward. Slicing off the creatures. He tilts his bow and pulls back the string, 4 bows ready themselves. He plucks his finger off the string, the arrows scream forward straight into the heads of 8 Lost Souls.

"Please don't shoot me," Her father walks out with his hands up.

"I love you, even if I showed it a different way," Another version of her father walks out.