Inside the lion's den

Warning: This chapter has some dark themes. Read at your own risk.
***

"Give her a tour," He gulps, avoiding her questioning gaze. "Of the castle. Make her feel comfortable." His voice wobbles between modulated and brittle. "She is not to be harmed by anyone,"

"Weren't you were going to tell me about Dena?"

"I forgot" Tears swell in his eyes, hidden in the vast darkness. "About the tasks I had waiting for me. Please follow Emma and Olivia. They will insure that you are comfortable," He motions to the creatures infront of them, before he walks towards his office.

What the hell was that?

Reanna snaps her head towards the cratures. The one with half a mask lets out a deep sigh, mumbling underneath her breath.

"You don't deserve this,"

Her lips barly moved as she spoke. She gave Reanna a wide smile, turnng her attention towards the soul.

"My name is Olivia Davis," She puts her fist to her chest and bows. "I'm the mistress of-"

"Do you know my sister? Dena Ericka"

"No, I don't recognize the name. Is she missing?"

"Kind of? I'm looking for her,"

"Unless she has been here before, I've never seen her," She says in a welcoming voice.

Damn, at least I'm protected from the Lost Souls. Bellator could be lying and this could be a trap.

Olivia motions to the other creature, who gives her a gental wave.

"This is Emma Scarlet" Emma curtsys. "They are in training, so they will follow us, but do not worry. No one will harm you. "

That's what a murder would say. I could leave, but Dena always said its better to keep your enemies closer so you can detect their betrayal before they strike.

"Why won't they talk?"

"The mask forbids them from speaking,"

"Why do they have it?"

"Bellator told me to give you a tour, we should start now before it gets dark," She says, looking out the windows surounding the entrance doors.

What are you hiding behind that smile? Why can't I know?

Olivia gives Reanna a smile. "To the right of us is the kitchen, which is connected to the training center." She points to an oval oak door with details of plants. "Across from it is the dinning hall, "The doors between the staircase leads to one of our many armories." She heads towards the door and abruptly stops, waiting for Reanna and Emma. When they join, she continues "The door near the ground is another entrance to our dungeons."

Staring at the dungeon doors she saw 10 different locks on the oval doors. 4 Reapers were guarding the doors, tightly holding their scyth's

"Never enter the dungeon," Her cheerful voice sinks to a deep one. She rests her hand on Reanna's shoulder and looks down at her "No matter what you hear."

"Got it, avoid the dungeon," Reanna says in a monotone voice.

Why do they need so many guards? Is that were they torture the souls? Is that what Emma is trainng for?

Olivia switches back to her cheerful voice and flashes her a smile. She heads towards the stairs. Reanna stay's starring at the guards.

Why does a dungeon need so many locks and guards? What are they afraud of?