Misfortune is just a second chance in disguise

WHAT?

"No, don't say that" She stumbles back, shaking her head.

You can't say that...you wouldn't...you...don't mean it.

Liam locks eyes with her, drool escapes his smile as he drags himself towards her. Cackling with each step. The duplicates join him, together they fling their heads back. Some fly backwards, laughing as spin in the sky. The sudden movement cracks the skin on their necks, That quickly spread to the rest of their body, which began decomposing. Pealing off in sections or crumbling to ash. The body-less heads on the ground bite their way to a headless body, decomposing as it moves.

Oh fuck, what did I get myself into??

They look back at her, smirking at her dismay. Reanna trembles, staring at the nightmares that surround her.

Oooh, fuuck

Each monster had its own set of horrors, grey skin that stuck to their bones, or none at all. Red voids that quickly sucked up their eyes. Teeth that fell or sharpened into fangs. Nails that fell off or hung by a thread of skin. Clothes that changed into the rags were before, coved in mud and blood. Hair tumbles to the ground leaving their skulls bare.

I'm in hell.

Reanna pinches her nose, covering her mouth in the process.

That smell could raise the dead and make them run for the highest hill.

All at once, the monsters growl.

Can I still run away?

"FOOOOD!" The residents moan, itching their arms toward her.

I severely fucked up. Fuck, I'm going to die. I don't want to die again, I just did.

She paces around, trying to find an escape path, but they were a disgusting wall that entraps her.

Above the forest, the angel stops flying as growls echo in the air. Taking his bow in his hand he bolts into the forest. Twisting and swerving between skeleton trees. His rapid movement steals the attention of vultures and ravens nearby. They jump off the trees and race towards him, screaming as they try to chomp at his wings. Quickly, he twists around, facing the horrifying animals with a smile on his face. Aiming his bow a silver arrow appears on the string, ready to kill its target. He lets go, watching it soar in the air before he continues flying.

Reaching the raven skeleton structure, the arrow explodes into white dust. With a sudden gush of wind the dust evaporates, but not before sprouting new life where ever it touched and spreading the remains of the animals across the forest. The new flora lit up the dark forest with budding flowers, neon grass, snowy mushrooms, and vibrant leaves on every tree it touched.

On the ground, Reanna flinches away as duplicates reach for her.

I'm not going to be able to avoid them forever.

Her eyes water up with tears that quickly fall down the curves of her face. She rapidly bats her eyes, trying to force them away. They just kept falling, faster with every blink and blinding her from the monsters in front of her.

I don't want to die, I don't want to die, I don't want to die.

Decomposing arms stretch towards her.

I don't want to die.

In the air, the angel flies above the large swarm of duplicates, coming to a sudden halt when his eyes catch Reanna's wild hair. He softly chuckles to himself and aims his bow.